Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #71  
I think if someone wants to leave their hitch in its their choice.

One thing I see more of a problem then driving with the hitch in, it is them "b@ll sacs" that people hang from their hitches.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #72  
On my two previous pickups, I bolted the drawbar in & peened the threads of the bolt (grade 8). Used them too frequently to remove! Now I remove it if not using within a day or two, since I don't tow as often. ~~ grnspot

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #73  
I think if someone wants to leave their hitch in its their choice.

One thing I see more of a problem then driving with the hitch in, it is them "b@ll sacs" that people hang from their hitches.

Truck Nutz, see quite a few of them up here. Also see a lot of really crude decals/stickers up here.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #74  
Hitch in or out don't matter. A wreck is wreck. Mine are in always, because I guess I'm too lazy to take it out and in. I don't hit my shin it. The way cars are designed to crumble on impact a hole in a radiator is not much on the insurance claim. My entire truck bed is steel, I could cut a hole and put ball in my bumper. If someone hits it , it's go to leave a mark. I did not build it to assault other motorist that hit me though.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #75  
Used to live in So. Calif.......if you don't lock your hitch.....you won't have for more than a day. Can't leave anything of value in the back of a pick up either......tools are history if you leave your truck parked for more than a few minutes. I once politely reminded a guy in a Home Dept parking lot that the circular saw that apparently jumped from my truck to his truck better jump back real quick or it would become part of his lower anatomy. He must have been a college grad because he understood shapes and sizes and realized a circular saw would be mighty uncomfortable in a small hole. Had I come out a minute later...my saw would have been gone.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #76  
My hitch stays on all the time, too. And it is locked. I had one stolen, too. I use a trailer about 1 day a week. I hit my shin once or twice and it hurt. Now, I am smart enough to avoid walking close to the back of a vehicle because of it.

I cannot believe the govt wants a law for something like that when there are too many real issues that need attention.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #77  
Yeah, the 20 seconds it takes to make a switch really wears me down. Meanwhile its not a hazard or thief target.
larry

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #78  
If I think I'll be using the hitch in the near future, I leave the drawbar in. Anytime I have anything in my receiver, it has a lock on it unless I know I won't be leaving the vehicle unattended. When I know I wont' be using the hitch for awhile, I have a hitch step installed (and locked) to prevent bumper taps.View attachment 301773

I'm always amazed at the trusting souls I see running around with a drawbar in the their receiver that is not locked.

I didn't know such a thing existed either. The things we learn on TBN! I was trying to read the name on it, then just decided to google "hitch step". Wow, lot's of selections out there...

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #79  
I cannot believe the govt wants a law for something like that when there are too many real issues that need attention.

Of course there will always be laws some disagree with, and there are laws I disagree with, too, but that doesn't mean I refused to obey and/or enforce them. We all (well, it should be all of us anyway) pay auto insurance premiums, and the more money spent on repairing damage, the higher insurance rates will go. So I think a law requiring the removal of the hitch would be a very good law.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #80  
So I think a law requiring the removal of the hitch would be a very good law.

Strongly disagree. Don't need more laws to protect the stupid from themselves.