Thieves love those trailer hitches!

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #81  
Strongly disagree. Don't need more laws to protect the stupid from themselves.

I agree that we shouldn't have laws to protect the stupid from themselves, but we do have plenty of such laws. And in this case, it's not to protect the stupid guy who leaves the hitch in, but to protect any innocent motorist who might be rearended and knocked into such a hitch, and to protect all of us from higher insurance premiums.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #83  
I'm going out to remove my truck bumpers. A car might run into them and be damaged.

:)

Bruce

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #84  
Stupid guy ?

You were the one who used the word "stupid" to describe innocent motorists who might be rearended and knocked into the hitch.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #85  
I'm going out to remove my truck bumpers. A car might run into them and be damaged.

:)

Bruce

Nope, that's what the bumper is for; to lessen the amount of damage.:laughing:

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #86  
Of course there will always be laws some disagree with, and there are laws I disagree with, too, but that doesn't mean I refused to obey and/or enforce them. We all (well, it should be all of us anyway) pay auto insurance premiums, and the more money spent on repairing damage, the higher insurance rates will go. So I think a law requiring the removal of the hitch would be a very good law.
Well, I dont. We need a law more specifically directed against obnoxious hitchers.
larry

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #87  
So if someone stops properly behind you, and then gets rear ended hard enough to knock him into you, you want to be sure and do the maximum amount of damage to an innocent motorist. That's a really nice attitude to have, isn't it?.

NOt innocent if they get pushed into you, they were stopped to close to you. I think its the law that you have to stop far enough back so that if your rearended you dont the car infront unless they say slam into you at 45mph and your dead stopped in traffic.

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #88  
NOt innocent if they get pushed into you, they were stopped to close to you. I think its the law that you have to stop far enough back so that if your rearended you dont the car infront unless they say slam into you at 45mph and your dead stopped in traffic.

What?

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #89  

I never heard of such a law. Can you tell me where to find it? But if you ever get hit from behind, it's quite educational. Even if you're a considerable distance behind the vehicle in front of you, the impact will not only snap your head back, but can also cause your foot and leg to rise or move toward the rear, so you no longer have the same pressure on the brake pedal that you had before the impact. And I can guarantee that the vehicle that hits you doesn't have to be doing more than 30 mph.

And yes, I realize that many people do stop too close behind the vehicle in front of them, just as many people drive too close to the vehicle in front of them. I've worked a few accidents in my career.:laughing:

/ Thieves love those trailer hitches! #90  
I never heard of such a law. Can you tell me where to find it? But if you ever get hit from behind, it's quite educational. Even if you're a considerable distance behind the vehicle in front of you, the impact will not only snap your head back, but can also cause your foot and leg to rise or move toward the rear, so you no longer have the same pressure on the brake pedal that you had before the impact. And I can guarantee that the vehicle that hits you doesn't have to be doing more than 30 mph.

And yes, I realize that many people do stop too close behind the vehicle in front of them, just as many people drive too close to the vehicle in front of them. I've worked a few accidents in my career.:laughing:

I think the law is called Darwin's law. My guess is it's becoming a bigger issue now with cellphones. So I say we have to punish the victim.