Grunting goomers

/ Grunting goomers #1  

Dmace

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20 HST
MIKE R said:
What are everyone's experiences with the Duramax Diesel and the 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel. (problems, mpg empty/loaded, ride)
If you have nothing good to say don't say it.
So you want to hear people's "problems" but don't want to hear from anyone with "nothing good to say". :laughing:
I guess I can only talk about good problems then. :laughing:

So far you have no problem with DiamondPilot listing his "problems" with the Duramax so he must have done it in a good way or you only want to hear people tell you to buy a Ford becuase your minds made up.

Ok then, go buy the 6.0 Powerstroke because it's obviously built up a solid history of proven reliability. Then when you have a $8000 repair bill requiring a 3 week cab off repair, don't come here and say anything bad about it. Wouldn't want you to have to close your own thread. :laughing:

/ Grunting goomers #2  
Alright. Let clarify what I was trying to say.

I don't want to hear people calling each other names and insulting each others choice of vehicle. I want to hear people experiences with the trucks and thoughts on each. I know I opened a can of worms and expect to be able to have a mature conversation on the trucks.

Nothing good to say about each other as in name calling, ect...

This is exactly what I did for you. I keep it limited to the trucks I actually owned and said nothing about this guys or that guys truck. I also left out my 99 F350 SRW 4x4 because it did not meet your motor or year requirement. Sorry he stirred the pot. He's a expert since he has owned none of them. He did just what you asked not to be done.

I will keep it civil like you asked.

Chris

/ Grunting goomers
Diamondpilot said:
This is exactly what I did for you. I keep it limited to the trucks I actually owned and said nothing about this guys or that guys truck. I also left out my 99 F350 SRW 4x4 because it did not meet your motor or year requirement. Sorry he stirred the pot. He's a expert since he has owned none of them. He did just what you asked not to be done.
I would add my expert opinion as I've driven these diesel trucks (cab-chassis) day in and day out for years but have nothing "good to say" about either. Both left me stranded multiple times. I would add my good experiences but he didn't ask about the Cummins which has been the best to date for us.

If you really want an opinion on the 04-09 Duramax vs. Powerstroke, I say Duramax/Allison all the way but 05 and newer. Neither of those two diesels were good in 2004. Can't say much for ride as they are both rough with dually's and utility bodies.

/ Grunting goomers
Diamondpilot said:
In 2006 ford sold about nearly twice as many Dmax and Cummins trucks combined. So yes, the numbers looked skewed. I don't have data for each and every year but I did tons of research after getting bit by my 05 Dmax and buying my 06 F350.

Chris
Once again trying to hide the facts. Are you seriously trying to say the 6.0l is a good engine that only looks bad because of the higher sales numbers...?
Why the 6.4l then?
Why the recalls?
Why the buy backs?
Why the lawsuits?
Why the contract ending corporate fights?

It certainly wasn't because Ford sold so many "good" 6.0l's! :laughing:
Soundguy said:
if they are all pieces of junk like claimed.. you'd think out of 3 we'd have hit 1 bad one.. no? :)
No one said "all" were bad just more bad than good.
Just look at this thread or any others on the internet. There are ALWAYS more people with problematic 6.0l's than not. And whenever someone starts to complain about some auto problem, EVERYONE with that vehicle will either condemn it or praise it. Read around and it's clearly safe to say the 6.0l has a better chance of breaking than lasting.

/ Grunting goomers
Soundguy said:
I'm saying that with no concrete data.. how can you draw a conclusion that is not speculation and conjecture?

really?
I'll just quote myself instead of explaining it again...
Dmace said:
Are you seriously trying to say the 6.0l is a good engine that only looks bad because of the higher sales numbers...?
Why the 6.4l then?
Why the recalls?
Why the buy backs?
Why the lawsuits?
Why the contract ending corporate fights?

/ Grunting goomers #6  
Re: Duramax vs. Powerstroke

i'll take that as an 'i can't '

/ Grunting goomers
Soundguy said:
Dmace said:
i'll take that as an 'i can't '
You would, it's another one of those tricky things.
"Again" would indicate something has been done previously which is not the same as "can't".

/ Grunting goomers #8  
Re: Duramax vs. Powerstroke

again. ( catchy )

no data.

conjecture is just that. lacking of substance.

Mind YYou I can't produce any data either.. so my opinion of 6.0's being good only revolves around my experiences of the good ones I've had. I don't personally know someone who's had a bad one.. I do know someone who lost a dodge gasser that dropped some parts into the oil pan.. and a gm 1 ton ( older.. mid 90's ) that had a water leak into the head issue... but again.. those are observations only.

no data on those either.

Come to think of it. When I repalce that yukon.. I would also possibly consider a dodge 1 ton diesel. I like dodge .. i just like ford a bit more. either would be fine.

/ Grunting goomers
Soundguy said:
again. ( catchy )

no data.

conjecture is just that. lacking of substance.

You want data?

The engine was only sold for 4 years (shortest run for an engine for any manufacturer) mostly due to problems and bad press.
Typical head gasket repairs (most common) are $5000-$8000.
The highly problematic 6.0l was the cause of the contract loss between Ford and Navistar which had a close relationship dating back over 30 years.
The lawsuit is so big it even has it's own Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-60-Powestroke-Diesel-Class-Action-Lawsuit/139003776163670

There's plenty more but I feel the point has been made, there's certainly more data supporting claims of problematic 6.0l's then there is showing reliability.

My last point of data is $180,000 which is roughly the cost absorbed by my company related to broken 6.0l and 6.4l powered Fords. Certainly a small number in a fleet of 280-300 vehicles getting replaced every 3-5 years but a LOT more than any other diesel engine cost us...

/ Grunting goomers #10  
You want data?

The engine was only sold for 4 years (shortest run for an engine for any manufacturer) mostly due to problems and bad press.
Typical head gasket repairs (most common) are $5000-$8000.
The highly problematic 6.0l was the cause of the contract loss between Ford and Navistar which had a close relationship dating back over 30 years.
The lawsuit is so big it even has it's own Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-60-Powestroke-Diesel-Class-Action-Lawsuit/139003776163670

There's plenty more but I feel the point has been made, there's certainly more data supporting claims of problematic 6.0l's then there is showing reliability.

My last point of data is $180,000 which is roughly the cost absorbed by my company related to broken 6.0l and 6.4l powered Fords. Certainly a small number in a fleet of 280-300 vehicles getting replaced every 3-5 years but a LOT more than any other diesel engine cost us...

Yea, its own FB page makes it official. Heck, anyone can get a FB page, even you. Thats the beauty of the internet. Anyone can say anything.

Like my niece says, "Its Face Book Official"

Like the commercial says, it must be true if its on the internet. Are you that French Model?

Chris