2014 Toyota Tundra first look

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #61  
To my understanding they pay "up to" about $10K, a couple of one friends tractors are about $40K new. They cannot sell them out of state, and once the state gets them, they are to drain the oil and run the engine till it breaks.

It's classic government progress. There was a state referendum last vote to even delay the stupid law until the economy improved, not even to try to cancel it and these idiots have their noses so far in the air they voted that bill down. The liberal media and the Greenies and their money backers put out ads that acted like the air in CA would be black again in a year if it passed.

The worst part about it, is here, like many states, due to sheer volume in numbers, the cities vote to steal money from the farmers.

Well, that particular farmer has a bid in on acreage in Idaho, and hope to be there in 4 years, so the state will lose once again. He's been running this farm since the 70's. I seriously doubt anyone that can afford to buy and run the farm will, not with these regs.

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #62  
Looks like a minor refresh... Not a major overhaul. I like the original styling better. Refreshes are always tricky and rarely work IMHO.

I want Toyota to offer a diesel!!!!!!
Maybe a Kubota diesel?

Hino runs Aisin here in NA. They could just plop the J05E engine and the Aisin A465 trans out of the Hino195 and have a 210Hp/440Ftlb diesel on the lot in no time. Chances are they could even up the Hp/tq because of lighter duty just so the numbers look better for "advertising" although in practice it would be adequate as is.

If toyota really wanted to make a diesel, they could get creative. Call their 3/4 ton diesel pickup a Hino. That could get them around any contract issues with dodge (if they actually exist), plus it is a different model of trans anyways. Make it a sub brand like Lexus, sold in a "car" dealership.

Aisin is in a bunch of manufacturers vehicles, not exclusive to anyone. For that very reason (and the fact that Toyota owns a lot of the company) Toyota could have an Aisin trans in a Diesel if they wanted to. They just dont.
As long as it is a good tranny.

As do I. Between the RVers and the Horsey set, they could sell a lot of heavier pickups, many with the full load and leather. Lots of profit there. They even made a new super high end option package called 1794, in honour of the ranch in Texas where the truck plant was built. Tell me that isnt a direct shot at ford and the King Ranch ;). That makes me think that Toyota is aiming at that the high end trailer towing customer for sure. Now why not a 3/4 Ton, and why no diesel???Horsey types would lap those up in volume.
Yeah!, why no diesel?!!!

If I could figure a way to get past the CA smog rules I'd strongly consider upgrading my 4.7L '06 Tundra to the Cummins 4BT, spiced up a bit. The idea of 250+ HP and 450lb+ of torque is tempting. This state is forcing farmers to turn in tractors that do not meet tier 4 requirements for smog.
do they do the same for cars?

To my understanding they pay "up to" about $10K, a couple of one friends tractors are about $40K new. They cannot sell them out of state, and once the state gets them, they are to drain the oil and run the engine till it breaks.

It's classic government progress. There was a state referendum last vote to even delay the stupid law until the economy improved, not even to try to cancel it and these idiots have their noses so far in the air they voted that bill down. The liberal media and the Greenies and their money backers put out ads that acted like the air in CA would be black again in a year if it passed.

The worst part about it, is here, like many states, due to sheer volume in numbers, the cities vote to steal money from the farmers.

Well, that particular farmer has a bid in on acreage in Idaho, and hope to be there in 4 years, so the state will lose once again. He's been running this farm since the 70's. I seriously doubt anyone that can afford to buy and run the farm will, not with these regs.
Sad indeed, similar to the national picture where the public program recipients are greater than the non recipients.

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look

None of my tractors would sell for 10k. My cheapest tractor was 20k new and it only has 78 hours on it. I'd take 18k for it. They would be told to go pound sand with that lowball offer if they approached me with it. I'm not taking an 8k loss on equipment to save the planet. Sorry.

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #64  
Do tractors have registration in CA? If not how would they know if you sold the tractor out of state? With that said I don't agree with the law at all but it seems like there could be some ways around it.