2014 Toyota Tundra first look

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #2  
I didn't see anything about fuel mileage improvements? Not that I expect a truck to improve much. Lol

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #3  
I like the Tundra but am not impressed. The old truck was ok but had a few short comings. They had a chacnce to really do something here with the chassis and motors. I guess they are trying to be like GM now that they took over that #1 sales spot and just keep doing the same old thing. Just look at the press release on the next model.

My hats off to Ford and Dodge for having the guts to try new things and actually improve what they already have.

I expected more from Toyota.

Chris

Last edited:
   / 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #4  
Personally, I've never liked the architecture of the Tundra. The width and heighth of the truck isn't in balance to the ground clearance and tire size. I prefer a truck that has a higher stance to it. That is just me, and I am not bashing on Toyota- I know that they build a fine truck- but I wouldn't put my money in one.

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #5  
My hats off to Ford and Dodge for having the guts to try new things and actually improve what they already have.
Chris

When the competition has the EcoBoost or the 8 speed, you would think their marketing guys would demand something?

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #6  
Looks like they took the year off.

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #7  
When the competition has the EcoBoost or the 8 speed, you would think their marketing guys would demand something?

Yep, that was what I was eluding to in my post. Dodge also did coil springs on the rear axle. Not a fan of that personally but they are being innovative.

Chris

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look
Is it just me or did Toyota copy the front end of the Tacoma?

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look #9  
I agree with whats been said. I've always been a yota fan (had a few in the past), but they seem to be resting on their laurels.

/ 2014 Toyota Tundra first look
I agree with whats been said. I've always been a yota fan (had a few in the past), but they seem to be resting on their laurels.

They can afford to rest on them in the Tacoma segment....for now anyways. They can't use that same strategy in the full size market. Knowing Toyota though they usually refresh the body and interior on a truck and then a couple years later replace the engine. They did this same type of redesign in the Tacoma for 2012 but kept the same engines.