2014 ford super duty

/ 2014 ford super duty #1  

teampryor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615L
I am really tickled with my 2011 Ford f250 4x2 lariat currently at 51000 miles 6.2 gas engine.
It has had 5 oil changes, the tires have been rotated and balanced every 12k -15k miles, 2 air filters they just never got really dirty,I had to replace the Battery which is my fault I leave my key on accessory a lot, thanks to sirius. That is all the maintenance that has been done and or needed. I performed all but the tire balancing myself. I use Mobil 1 EP.
After owning diesel trucks for a long time I chuckle to myself everytime I fill up with fuel.
So I have been thinking what could Ford do to improve this truck?
Probably my biggest complaint is the transmission gearing, tranny is just too wide ratio. I dont want to be in third gear when I hit the speed limiter at just under a 100, lol. Want to be in fifth gear with OD still remaining. So tightening up the ratios in the tranny would be really good.
The 6.2 is a super smooth engine with good power, but what if? Ford applied the Ecoboost technology to this engine i see an easy 500 ft lbs of torque gas motor that will still get decent mileage and have tremendous pulling power coupled with a properly geared tranny.
The final driveline mod would be to add supplement air bag suspension to at least the rear, instead of a superstiff unloaded ride.
As far as the interior I have the Lariat and believe that truck leather should be more of a saddle grade (thicker) but still black. Also a glovebox light, some footwell lighting, and maybe even a reflector on each door for added safety in parking.
11 ford.jpg
Anyone else have any suggestions we should send to Ford?

/ 2014 ford super duty #2  
Out of curiosity, what fuel mileage have you seen empty?
So far that 6.2l sounds like a great engine!

They seriously need a new exterior design.

/ 2014 ford super duty #3  
I had a 2011 SRW reg cab 4x4 350 that got about 13.5 empty. I now have a 12 f150 4x4 crew with the 6.2 and it just about the same.

/ 2014 ford super duty #4  
My .02..... The seats in the super duty are horrible. My 06 Super Duty was far more comfortable than my 11.

/ 2014 ford super duty
Have the 3.73 rear diff. Empty mpgs are 17-18 hwy, and 14-15 city, Towing 10k+ interstate 7-8mpg, rural roads 9-10 mpg.
The 4 x 4 really seems to suffer in the mpg dept. All of my past diesel 4 x 4 s averaged 14 or less empty, and 10 loaded.
I decided i just would not go anywhere i could get stuck, and so far have only had one instance requiring assistance to keep her rolling.

/ 2014 ford super duty #9  
Have the 3.73 rear diff. Empty mpgs are 17-18 hwy, and 14-15 city, Towing 10k+ interstate 7-8mpg, rural roads 9-10 mpg.
Not bad at all. Beats the cost of diesel.

/ 2014 ford super duty #10  
I'm glad the new 6.2L engines are working out. I tried a 2010 model that was exceptional, and nearly pulled the trigger on it, but on my test drive, there was an on-ramp at the steep incline. The 5.4 had to scream to accelerate to hwy speeds, so I was turned off by that.

I would have bought an F350 last year, but I don't care for the newest styling as much and love the current GM truck style. That and GM incentives with loyalty was just a little bit better.

Thanks for the update on mileage. Doesn't seem like there are to many TBN members with the new gas Superduties, so this is great for folks who are researching new trucks.

BTW - I'm a Sirius XM junkie now too.