new florid dot laws / medical card? etc

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #21  
i kinda think contigous countries should honor each others credentials anyway.

Reasonable expectation, between countries with a good relationship as ours.

Language is the curve ball. I don't know of any States that issue drivers licenses only in Spanish, but if one did, I could see the LEOs up here scratching their heads over what they were looking at.

We need a little UNCommon Sense applied (in Canada). Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc
i don't hold my breath on anything govt related, and dealing with common sense.... any country..

:)

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #23  
I retired and when it came time for me to renew my CDL I went to Sec State and they told me that I had 2 weeks (til my expiration date) to have a physical and have my med card updated. In previous years it was not nec to have a med card to "renew" my CDL A endorsement at the Sec State, but better not get caught driving without it. I wasn't about to spend the money for a physical because I had not needed the CDL since retiring, so I chose to let it lapse instead. Now I wish I had it, even tho I don't need it any more. It's just one of those things, I guess! :(
I can relate to your story. I grew up in PA and remember when the old "commercial" license came out. If I recall correctly, just write a slightly larger check and check off a box and that was it. But then I can also remember the boss saying go get a load of whatever with that dump truck, lol!

I was running back and forth between NJ and Ottawa, Ont. when at 30, I decided to go back to school if only to capture some of my GI benefits. Worked in high tech for 20 years, got laid off with 4,000 other people. When the CDL came around I had figured no way I need that. Could not find similar work so I went to a school tuition paid because I had gotten laid off for the CDL and jumped right back into it for about five more years.

After I relocated, I switched gears back to manufacturing again but this time I am keeping up the CDL with med card though as I said, I did drop the hazmat.