new florid dot laws / medical card? etc

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Walking into work this am, all the drivers were standing around the water cooler talking about new cdl / fl dot laws.

I heard lots of he-said-she said horror stories like:

my brothers uncle sister lives with this guy who heard.....

anywho.. the big issue they were talking about was the dot physical card. the buzz among drivers is that once the physical card goes 1 day past expiration, that the revoke your license. needless to say I had a line to my office and have a ton of people wanting me to find out what, if any, new dot laws for cdl drivers went / are going into effect for 2013.

I of course hit fldot site and as usual.. it's like trying to pull a pin out of a haystack, in a barn full of hay stacks.. that's on fire.

any clues?

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #2  
I believe this is a result of new DOT standards for all 50 states. I got a notice from New Hampshire DOT stating I needed a medical card. This story is from Oregon, but I think it applies nation-wide.CDL drivers to see new med card rules

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc
i have been poking all morning and read about some new self certification rules being phased in by 2014.... more hoops to jump thru.

I do see where you can turn in a medical card online now..

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #4  
In PA you must show proof to DOT that you have a valid physical. There are several exceptions, if you have an inspection liscense and I believe for farmers. Other wise if you don't comply with the questioner sent out your CDL will be cancelled. Then to reinstate it you start over.

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #5  
We just got our dot review for our trucks, trailers and drivers. It was NOT fun. We pulled records, permits, med cards, licenses, dot #s and log books for 4 freakin hours. Then I had to let the failed trucker....I mean DOT inspector .......crawl around in the trucks for another hour.

I swear, the more a guy spews numbers and acts like a walking encyclopedia of truck facts, the shorter the pecker must be. These guys are just a bunch of failed truckers. One of them even admitted to me he "couldn't pass the CDL test", but he can tell you as many useless facts as you can listen to.
We knew he was a dork when he showed up in a silver Ford windstar with a set of Whelen strobes on the roof. Bad hairpiece, too.
LMAO

sweet!

I found the dot 'new info for 2013' section finally. apparently when the med card gets renewed h=you have to notify them electronically and then self certify in one of four categories.. or can go to a DOT office if no internet.

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #7  
sweet!

I found the dot 'new info for 2013' section finally. apparently when the med card gets renewed h=you have to notify them electronically and then self certify in one of four categories.. or can go to a DOT office if no internet.

Can you share the link?

found it on the fldot site using their search feature on medical card

/ new florid dot laws / medical card? etc #9  
Not CDL (apologies for the drift Soundguy) but FLA's latest round of road legislation confused, then scared a whole pile of Canadians driving south this Winter.

CAA to offer refunds for international driving permits | CP24.com

Even though it sounds like FLA LEOs won't be charging Canadians lacking the International license real soon, the fear for individuals is if their low-life insurance company decides to use this new legislation to weasel out of a claim.

I was driving in Toronto, listening to talk radio on this FLA International license issue. The state marketing department (Visit Florida, or something like that) apparently gets a large part of its funding from taxes levied on rental cars. It sounds like the business group representing Rental car companies, and Visit Florida, were blind-sided by this legislation - I suspect there were warm phone lines in the relevant state offices recently....

Glad to see that governments everywhere are the same...... SNAFUs are the norm.....

:rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

are you saying fl wanted a canadian to have an international license?