anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed?

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #11  
Probably not 1000 lbs, but keep in mind that the bed is sheet metal and hoist is light. Also keep in mind that the bed will hold a volume of more than 2.5 cubic yards. At approximately 3000 lbs per cubic yard, most soils will overload the truck and dump bed significantly when filling the bed.

If you load the truck with half a yard or so, you will be fine. Also keep in mind unit weight. Wood chips are very light compared with gravel.

If you need to exceed the capacity of your truck, have materials delivered.

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #12  
No difference. Salesman gave you a line. A 99 to basically current is all the ame chassis and all are branded Super Duty. There were slight mods along the way such as converting to coil springs in the front end versus leaf springs in 2005.

Chris

Didn't they have a 7 lug F250 that used the 1/2 Ton sheet metal in '99? The F150HD would be the equivalent today? Kinda like GM was doing with the 8 Lug, 6.0L, 8600 GVW 1500HD and 2500 from '99 to 2006. GM some years called them 2500 or 1500HD.

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #13  
Yes they did have a light duty F250 which was rebadged in the early 2000's as a F150HD.

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #14  
Northern Tool has a dump kit for the F250 and shows the shipping weight to be 190 lbs. My brother has one from Northern he installed on his F350 and it works good. Not sure if it would lift 4000 lbs though.

He carries a full load of firewood and it dumps it but he knows when to stop loading. If he rounds the bed over it won't dump. With the bed full of green wood slightly over the sides is a lot of weight and it dumps fine.

I don't have any weight specs of what he's carrying just giving you an idea of what he uses his for.

He installed it himself but was a lot of work. The best I can remember you have to modify your fuel tank fill tube and his step bumper had to be readjusted but remember his is a F350 you might not have to do that on a F250??

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #15  
Didn't they have a 7 lug F250 that used the 1/2 Ton sheet metal in '99? The F150HD would be the equivalent today? Kinda like GM was doing with the 8 Lug, 6.0L, 8600 GVW 1500HD and 2500 from '99 to 2006. GM some years called them 2500 or 1500HD.

I think they all do that, my dodge 2500 has a 8800gvw. Whenever I get parts the question is always 7200 or 8800 gvwr, so in dodge's case 8800 was the HD. I think the lighter duty model even has lighter axles, though I have not ever actually come across one.

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed?

Yes I seen one of these trucks back when I first got my super duty, I noted it was badge as a F-250 but had the f-150 body style, and I do think this is what the salesman had pointed out being my 250 was the heavier duty truck between the two, and the other was only a X-cab with the smaller rear doors not a crew cab 4 door,

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #17  
It read has front GVWR 4100 lb. rear 6084 lb. but a total GVWR of 8800 lb. so I guess I have the wimpier of the two, huh! it is but only a 2 wd,
Now again just to be clear, I'm not thinking of changing out the bed to a larger dump style bed, but only to convert it's standard truck bed to have the ability to lift / tilt and dump, so only requirement are the components to change it over, the hydraulic or electric cylinder and what ever reinforcement would have to be done, do you think these parts will weigh 1000k ?

No, not 1000#. The ones my uncle sold on my grandpa's car lot was a deal that slid into the bed and bolted down much like a salt hopper. I am guessing 300# additional for what you want.

Now for the GVWR. Your truck is 2 wheel drive. I assumed it was 4 do it probably weighs around 7,100# but we will never know till you weigh it. Thats the next step in your quest.

What these numbers mean is the max GVWR is the max the truck can weigh total. While doing this your front axle cant exceed 4,100# and your rear can not exceed 6,084#.

Chris

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #18  

Yes, they still do. Its got a 7,700# GVWR. I had one. It was a tough truck but was built on the F150 platform as you stated.

The GM was like you said on the 1500 chassis, not sure of the GVWR, and the 2500 chassis with a 8,800# GVWR.

Chris

/ anyone ever convert a truck be to a Dump bed? #19  
I know this is kinda off topic,but kinda not. Why not a 10 to 12 ft bumper pull dump trailer. I would rather have one of those than to tie my bed up with a dump. At least you could haul and dump more. And not tie up the bed. I use a 12' Rice, works good for every thing I need, mostly fire wood delivery.But I also realize evey one has different wants/needs. LUTT