Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Default Re: Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel

Once again we see the exaggeration that Ford did not take or push for bailout money. They just asked for their 5.9 billion in January 2009 under other auspices. They all needed it, they all make pretty good trucks. Dodge decided to make a proactive action to try 1/2 ton diesels ....good for them !
    jake
    BX2660, plus weight box, middle buster and toothbar, and now Agri 40" rototiller, Brotek Wheel spacers ! oh and some home made forks too, and a Wallenstein BX42 Chipper and now a tow behind woodsplitter.and a TMI 48 Rotary Cutter..and 51 inch Agri Ease Snowblower...

Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

A real test for a truck is a coal mine pit truck. We have 4 chevys and 4 fords and 2 dodges they are all 3/4 tons. Gas trucks 4x4 with auto trans. 08 to 12 all the chevys are being used one dodge and none of the fords. The fords will not stay together long enough to make it out of the pit. I want to remind you these trucks Are not taken care of and abused like no other. The fords are junk on 2 of them are not even a year old. Toyota brought us a truck to try out for them to see how it would hold up(they use to make the tundra near our work) it lasted 3 weeks. By the way the chevys have close to 200000 miles on them. I'm not saying they don't break down but when they do its always something easy to fix. Unlike the rest.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Quote Originally Posted by wawajake View Post
    Once again we see the exaggeration that Ford did not take or push for bailout money.

And it's so easy to find. All 3 asked for it

Government Bailout of Ford GM Chrysler and the Auto Industry

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/for...n-on-bailouts/
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Ford did not get a bailout. They were not ready to under like the other 2. The money they got was to accelerate production of electric cars and retool factories.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by farmall 55a case View Post
    A real test for a truck is a coal mine pit truck. We have 4 chevys and 4 fords and 2 dodges they are all 3/4 tons. Gas trucks 4x4 with auto trans. 08 to 12 all the chevys are being used one dodge and none of the fords. The fords will not stay together long enough to make it out of the pit. I want to remind you these trucks Are not taken care of and abused like no other. The fords are junk on 2 of them are not even a year old. Toyota brought us a truck to try out for them to see how it would hold up(they use to make the tundra near our work) it lasted 3 weeks. By the way the chevys have close to 200000 miles on them. I'm not saying they don't break down but when they do its always something easy to fix. Unlike the rest.
    See, I have seen just the opposite. My college roommate is a project manager for a large construction company that builds highways and bridges. In about 2000 he got a new F250. He hated it being a Chevy guy. They bought 12 of each that year of the Big 3 3/4 tons. Like I said he is a GM guy but was issued a Ford. After two years the Dodges were done. Sway backed frames, tranny issues, interiors falling apart, ect. The GM trucks anf Fords were still going. These trucks are abused each and every day.

As for his F250, he rolled it on his way to work and totaled it out. They rolled it back over and he drove it home. After that they did away with company trucks and just gave the guys a truck allowance. He went back to GM's. Last Sept me and my misses and him and his went on a 800 mile trip pulling my 9,680# boat with my Nissan Titan. He did some of the driving and said it would more then likely be his last GM truck. He was not impressed with the capabilities of his 5.3 motors and he is upset that it uses oil the way it does.

Chris

Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

I my opinion I think they all are junk for as much as they cost!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX 5000

Quote Originally Posted by wawajake View Post
    Once again we see the exaggeration that Ford did not take or push for bailout money. They just asked for their 5.9 billion in January 2009 under other auspices. They all needed it, they all make pretty good trucks. Dodge decided to make a proactive action to try 1/2 ton diesels ....good for them !
    The gvmt never held Ford equity or bonds, never had any say on how to run the company...so no they never agreed to a bailout

Lets just be thankful our hero Obama saved our 2 fav carmakers and all those union jobs ....alleluia

BTW how many times has it been now for Chrysler/Dodge ?

Tractor
    Phord lie detector

It looks like the difference between dpilots take on it and all the others who support GM is that DP is ONE person giving his experience with ONE bad GM. The rest is the "my neighbor" " my BIL" or now "my college room mate" stories. for all we know, they abused their trucks, like his brothers F-150. The GM guys seem to bring experience with fleets of trucks.
    I myself drive trucks anywhere east of the Mississippi. I have over a million miles of towing, guys who work for me probably another million. They all prefer to drive the GM's. The poster above worked with a fleet of trucks, GM and ford run side by side. Same with the guy with the Buick tattoo on his avatar. It seems almost overwhelming. The problem with ford is they cheap out on drive trains and brakes and ball joints. If they would build those systems with more reliable, better quality components, they would have a better truck than GM.
    Case-IH 7120 MFWD & M series Kubota MFWD tractors. New Holland discbines. New holland square & round hay balers. GM, Ford, IH, trucks.
    Hay Farmer & shipper. We grow & ship about 1,000 tons/yr.

Tractor
    Phord lie detector

Quote Originally Posted by DieselnHooters View Post
    The gvmt never held Ford equity or bonds, never had any say on how to run the company...so no they never agreed to a bailout

Lets just be thankful our hero Obama saved our 2 fav carmakers and all those union jobs ....alleluia

BTW how many times has it been now for Chrysler/Dodge ?
    That's the downside of GM & Chrysler. They'll never live it down. However, GM built fine trucks long before the bailout.
    Case-IH 7120 MFWD & M series Kubota MFWD tractors. New Holland discbines. New holland square & round hay balers. GM, Ford, IH, trucks.
    Hay Farmer & shipper. We grow & ship about 1,000 tons/yr.

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

Quote Originally Posted by Peacock View Post

Aside from the Lambda's, I can't think of a single GM product with a bad oil filter placement. In fact, I'd say that as a whole they are about the easiest to service. From spark plugs, to transmissions to belts(most). Many GM air filters are a bit of a pain, though.
    The air filter was the easiest thing to change on my 04 z71. The oil filter however you ha to have hands the size of a child and have the magician skills of Houdini.

John Deere 5325 MFWD

John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast