Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel

/ Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #131  
   / Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #132  
B.S. GM has paid back less than 50% of their bailout money (note the GM bailout included the Treasury purchasing 500 million shares of GM stock, NOT just loans). From your linked article:
GM: has paid back $23.1B out of $49.5B, the rest is held in stock which needs to be trading at over twice its current value for us to get our money back
Chrysler: paid back $9.2B, but we lost $1.3B in the deal
Ford: Loan payments start in Sep 2013. Note that the Ford loan was to help the company make more efficient vehicles, NOT to provide operating capital

So, saying that "Ford still hasn't payed it back" when the payments are not scheduled to start for another 7 months is a strawman argument at best.
Full text from the linked article:

Aaron Z

Ok, I'm man enough.I didn't read the 2nd page. The FACT still remains that, FORD took a Gov./Tax Payer loan. So, they build vehicles with Tax payer $$..I own a business. I don't take Government loans for my business. In fact, I don't run my business on any loans /credit

/ Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #133  
How do you know how well anyone takes care of their vehicle if you are just talking to them over the internet? If you had a 7.3 and 6.0 Fords and hated them so badly why did you buy a 6.4? Nothing towing a heavy load is going to have brakes that last forever. Its funny how the worst truck is the best selling truck 35 years in a row. I like how nobody ever mentions a GM problem.

Where did I say I "hated" them?
Brakes? your observation is irrelevant because both trucks towed heavy loads, but the GM brakes last longer. Also the Fords would sometimes warp their rotors. Didnt happen with GM.
Sales figures mean nothing to me. If they were so important than Walmart would be the best retail chain in the world, but it's not.
BTW: Who said they were the "worst truck"??? Not me. I like my Fords, they just cost more money to run than GM in my businesses.

I'm just a commercial hay farmer and hay shipper going to battle every week running Ford & GM diesel trucks side by side through tough conditions, but what do I know...lol
Dont take this so personally when someone sees things differently than you. ;)

/ Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #134  
Could we please get back on topic?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #135  
you may be in the wrong end of the pool if you want a 14 page thread to stay mono-topical. :)

soundguy

/ Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #136  
   / Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #138  
   / Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel #139  
I will try to get things back on target by posing a question.

Who here would choose this new diesel option over the hemi if the added cost is indeed $2300 and it got 27 mpg highway and towing capacities are equal?

Trying to keep things simple and posing the question with only these two options. No other makes or engines in this discussion.

Feel free to give the reason why you choose your choice.