Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1510 Hydro

Default Re: Ram 1500 first modern half ton to offer diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    I don't care what motor is in it Ford in my opinion makes the toughest trucks period. I said nothing about the EB. Taking my prejudice away I still put GM at #4 or 5.

Chris
    I love hearing how my Silverado's are junk. I should know better........ Come to the northeast and see which trucks rot out........ Tough?

Tractor
    Phord lie detector

Nah, GM (Detroit) had the 6.2L out long before the Cummins in 1982. That wasnt a great diesel, but it was a real purpose built diesel.
    M series Kubota MFWD tractors. New Holland discbines. New holland square & round hay balers. GM, Ford, IH, trucks.
    Hay Farmer & shipper. We grow & ship about 1,000 tons/yr.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Phord lie detector

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    I don't care what motor is in it Ford in my opinion makes the toughest trucks period. I said nothing about the EB. Taking my prejudice away I still put GM at #4 or 5.

Chris
    Fords dont look real tough sitting in the service department with the cab pulled off......

I've only been through that 3 times..... My latest nightmare in my 5 yr old 6.4L. I just extended the warranty at a "mere" $3,000 because the guy I know that knows Ford diesels the most told me in no uncertain terms my 6.4L will lose it's rocker arms and/or primary turbo by ~100K. Some tough diesel.
    I'd dump that thing for a Cummins or duramax if it would fit and never look back.
    M series Kubota MFWD tractors. New Holland discbines. New holland square & round hay balers. GM, Ford, IH, trucks.
    Hay Farmer & shipper. We grow & ship about 1,000 tons/yr.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Hay Dude View Post

Fords dont look real tough sitting in the service department with the cab pulled off......

I've only been through that 3 times..... My latest nightmare in my 5 yr old 6.4L. I just extended the warranty at a "mere" $3,000 because the guy I know that knows Ford diesels the most told me in no uncertain terms my 6.4L will lose it's rocker arms and/or primary turbo by ~100K. Some tough diesel.
    I'd dump that thing for a Cummins or duramax if it would fit and never look back.
    Since that Ford is such a peice of junk I will be a nice guy and due you a huge favor. I will give you a $500 cash money for it tomorrow and take it off of your hands.

Tractor

Nah, GM (Detroit) had the 6.2L out long before the Cummins in 1982. That wasnt a great diesel, but it was a real purpose built diesel.
    It was a horrible motor.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT
    Since that Ford is such a peice of junk I will be a nice guy and due you a huge favor. I will give you a $500 cash money for it tomorrow and take it off of your hands.
    So much for Ford's resale value, apparently you think it's junk too offering only $500.
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

I agree, I had an '89 GMC Suburban 2500 4x4 6.2 non-turbo diesel that was loaded for it's time- captains chairs, F/R air, mood lights etc...Ran perfect, good mileage, tons of torque...No speedster to be sure, but I loved it.

Only replaced a couple of glow plugs and the water pump...Normal maintenance beyond that.

Should have never sold it, that thing was mint. Someone pulled into my driveway one night and offered me $3,000 more than I paid for it--he was desperate, had around 10 kids (think he lost count) ...

He needed a better indoor hobby, not a Suburban.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post
    Someone pulled into my driveway one night and offered me $3,000 more than I paid for it--he was desperate, had 12 kids ...I think he needed a better in door hobby, not a Suburban.
    Or a TV.

I wanna play the who makes a better truck game. I was a fleet mechanic for a large landscape contractor. Of the big 3 I would pick GM any day over the others. My opinion is they are easier to physically work on and have fewer problems. The GM's always had the better brakes, engines, and transmissions. We bought a brake lathe because we we doing the brakes on our 1/2 Ford's every other oil change not to mention the lame twin I-beam front suspensions. The Dodge's were only slightly better. We had a bunch of 2003 Ford F250's, loved replacing coils and having the spark plugs blow out in the 5.4's. I can't say our Dodge's were really that bad, other than having to fill up the oil and check the fuel in the Cummins and the aforementioned 60k mile transmissions. There is a reason we ended up with primarily GM products. Right now I drive an F450 because it was the right tool for the job at the time. So even though I prefer the GM products I still have to go with what does the job. There is no brand loyalty when it is how I make my living.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast