Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS".

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
   / Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #2  
This is good news. I've always thought NASCAR should go back to its roots, so to speak, and run modified versions of factory-available iron. The present cars have no resemblance to what comes out the factory door other than the name decals. I realize the engines are brand-specific, but that's about it.

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #4  
   / Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #5  
This is definitely a good development. Fom what I'm told by the guys I know who work for the Michigan State Police, the SS is basically a Caprice. The Caprice is only available to police agencies currently, but the SS is supposed to be the non police version available to the general public.

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #6  
I have been waiting on this since they stopped producing the G8 GT. I am a 4 door sports car fan!

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #7  
wish it was a 2 door

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #8  
We have a Pontiac G8 GT - which was made in Australia by Holden. It's been a GREAT car. Gets decent gas mileage on the highway (mid to high 20's) and has a definate "get up and go" factor. We have just over 70k on it so far (it's a 2009) and it's never had anything other than minor issues (can't even recall what it was).

The new SS - if it follows it's G8 GT heritage - will be a great car.

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS".
We have a Pontiac G8 GT - which was made in Australia by Holden. It's been a GREAT car. Gets decent gas mileage on the highway (mid to high 20's) and has a definate "get up and go" factor. We have just over 70k on it so far (it's a 2009) and it's never had anything other than minor issues (can't even recall what it was).

The new SS - if it follows it's G8 GT heritage - will be a great car.

It basically IS a reskined G8 GT with a bowtie on it. It was easy to start production of the SS in Austraila because the last production vehicle built there was the Pontiac G8. Not much retooling had to be done there due to the platform being the same. I really liked the G8 GT. I'm glad it is getting a GM replacement. The GTO was built at the same facility. I was not a fan of it. It had a nice powertrain but lacked heavily in the "look department" IMO. I've worked for GM for 14 years and four different North American locations. The new 14 lineup changes is the best I've seen so far. We will start cranking out the new 14 full-size Chevy and GMC trucks for customers this summer.

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS".
Nice, looks like a cheaper version of the Cadillac CTS. Wonder what similarities the two will have.
2013 CTS Sport Sedan | Cadillac

Not too many. The SS has a longer wheelbase. The CTS was built to go head to head w the BMW 3 series and Benz C class and has done a very good job. The "V" version is very impressive if fast and luxury is your thing. It has over 550HP and will get you to 60MPH in under 4 seconds. 2013 CTS-V Sedan | Cadillac