High Mileage class of Motor Oils

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils
Simple, sell the GM.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Chris

Well at least the GM does not have to be Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

I could have resisted but chose not to. :)

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #32  
Diamondpilot said:
Simple, sell the GM.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Chris
If there's ANYONE who shouldn't being mocking trucks with engine problems, it's a Ford owner. Worst engine track record of any truck! :laughing:

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #33  
And it is only going to get worse. Ford STOLE the EFI system they are using on the Ecoboost. They will be getting it handed to them in court.

Ford EcoBoost Fuel-Injection System Lawsuit | Tundra Headquarters Blog :)

Ford has a history of taking the property of others and making it theirs perhaps. I think they paid after the fact for the intermittent windshield wiper control technology after the courts told them it was illegal to take the property of others for your own financial gain.

Who will be excited to have that forty foot drive chain on the front of their engine down the road? It is a good thing the 3.5 can make as much power at 2000 RPM as the 5.0L can at 10,000 RPM because I can see at 3000-4000 RPM all that chain leading to issues.

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #36  
I think that may have been the case for the 4WD's in 2003 but ours 2WD since I do not do 4WD's due to poverty. :)

really, you're poor so you only buy the 2wd escalade? the only thing an escalade says is "look at me, i am better than you".

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #37  
really, you're poor so you only buy the 2wd escalade? the only thing an escalade says is "look at me, i am better than you".

Or it could say I am finally able to treat myself. I'd love a new Sierra Denali when I upgrade.

zilch - definition of zilch by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

zilch I did not get your post until I researched your name. I would like to suggest you rethink your self talk but since I do not know you I will not make that suggest.

The fact remains many people pay more than $13K for their daily driver. I gave $6600 for my 2002 Blazer in 2006 and it now has 200K miles on it. The wife and kids were wanting something will a little more room because with today's seat belt laws it is hard to haul the kids and two or three friends. The Escalade was not planned but in 2010 I saw the next several years could be a wild card and having a nicer paid for family vehicle could be good that could last for the next 10 years might be a good thing. Older Escalades with over 100,000 miles are not that desirable by Cadillac buyers so that class of buyers tend to be sellers and not buyers of the older stuff. Ours had been traded in on a new Lincoln at a dealership in TN and was in the shop with a dead battery when I stopped in to see if they had anything at the wholesale price.

Actually I told them I was not interested in the Escalade really and especially not at their price. To get me to drive it home to show the wife they cut their initial price by $2500. I told them that was not enough for me to consider purchasing something that I was not in the market to purchase but they could be thinking about a more wholesale like price while I drove it home to show the wife.

I got back about 5 hours after I initially stopped by the strange to me dealership and they wanted to know what I would give them. While I was at the house I learned it was really nothing more than a Chevy Pick Up with a few bells and Cadillac name. Knowing it was just a bigger version of the Blazer that was OK from my experience I offered them $12K which was about 2/3's of their asking price.

Boy the sales manager did that show that they like to do and how they are not wholesellers and other non sense. I reminded that I had personally told him that I buy wholesale five hours earlier and I did not walk into a Ford dealership looking for a Cadillac and financially I would be better off if he wanted his aging metal and plastic that had been on the lot for going on four months more than he wanted my cash. The salesman pointed out that I never mislead them about my intentions.

It turned out the salesman when to school with a friend of mine so we talked for the next hour about many things but nothing about the car. They were about to close on a Sat afternoon and I said I had to get to Lowes to get some plumbing stuff for a project I was working on. That was when the salesman as if I would write them a check for $13K and close the deal IF the salesman COULD get the manager to sell at that low of a price.

I just looked at him and said like he is going to say NO. Since they had made me park in the back where their DOA trades were parked I told the salesman he could check with the manager and let me know as I drove past the sales office as to the manager's thoughts. As expected he was waving big time for me to stop and stated the manager said yes. :)

I guess the hour I spent selling the manager before on how he needed to get that off brand car off his lot before it developed more than a dead battery worked. His need to sell was much greater than my need to buy. I had an edge because the wife and kids were not there too. :)

Actually after I bought the car and started checking around older used vehicles even the less desired ones like Towncar and Cadilac where much more expensive after the clunker buy back program. It is a fact I would have not purchased it had it been an 4WD/AWD vehicle because they cost too much to keep on the road going from 100K to 250K miles plus if the wife is off the pavement it is because she had an accident.

By the way zilch there is NO vehicle that another can drive that would lead me to think they are better than me. Personal property does not denote where someone is better or worse than another.

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #39  
The fact remains many people pay more than $13K for their daily driver. .

i paid less than that for my 99 f350.. in fact if I count up everything ive ever done to it including tires and oil.... it may still be less than 13k$ :)

I keep telling myself something is wrong with the picture where my staff for the most part drives cars of higher values.

Vehicles are the blessing/cursing of the working man. Can't work without one and if did not have one would not have to work. :D