legal tow?

/ legal tow? #61  
I have a 1 ton and 40' trailer. I carry 36 to 40K gross weight when hauling hay. Trailer plate is suppose to be legal up to 56k. That's what I payed for anyhow. I have crossed the scales in Mississippi before with 56k and had to go inside. Pay $125 for some stickers. Then back on the road. I did blowout a tire or two.

/ legal tow? #62  
I have a 1 ton and 40' trailer. I carry 36 to 40K gross weight when hauling hay. Trailer plate is suppose to be legal up to 56k. That's what I payed for anyhow. I have crossed the scales in Mississippi before with 56k and had to go inside. Pay $125 for some stickers. Then back on the road. I did blowout a tire or two.

Does this make you proud or something? That's more gross weight than a lot of class 6 medium-duty trucks are rated for. People like you are the reason the laws are getting screwed down on the rest of us who are legal. :mad:

/ legal tow? #63  
Does this make you proud or something? That's more gross weight than a lot of class 6 medium-duty trucks are rated for. People like you are the reason the laws are getting screwed down on the rest of us who are legal. :mad:

No pride, no brag, just fact. I'm sure if I was so out of line, tickets would of been written. I'm sure years ago with the 56k I would of had to pay more than for 2 stickers to put on my doors, if I was doing what I was not allowed too. My truck tag and trailer tag are legal to 56k. So if you don't mind, keep your snide comments to yourself. And on second thought, I do take pride in the fact, that when called on to get needed hay to cattle people I can deliver.

/ legal tow? #64  
No pride, no brag, just fact. I'm sure if I was so out of line, tickets would of been written. I'm sure years ago with the 56k I would of had to pay more than for 2 stickers to put on my doors, if I was doing what I was not allowed too. My truck tag and trailer tag are legal to 56k. So if you don't mind, keep your snide comments to yourself. And on second thought, I do take pride in the fact, that when called on to get needed hay to cattle people I can deliver.

Sorry, I just take great issue with people grossly overloading pickup trucks. If you have ever used a medium-duty truck for towing you would see just how unsafe it is to tow that much with a light-duty truck. We only tow 20-25K behind our class 6 dump trucks and that is plenty of weight for them. Behind my pickup I tow 8-10K.

/ legal tow? #65  
Sorry, I just take great issue with people grossly overloading pickup trucks. If you have ever used a medium-duty truck for towing you would see just how unsafe it is to tow that much with a light-duty truck. We only tow 20-25K behind our class 6 dump trucks and that is plenty of weight for them. Behind my pickup I tow 8-10K.

Yeah, me to for snapping back. I admit the 56k was a not intended. I knew I was heavy when I hit the road, but didn't know it was that heavy. I did compensate for the weight by traveling at a much slower speed. I was working for an electrical company at that time with their truck and trailer. Hauling hay @ 36k or so is gross weight with tandem duals on trailer. Short hauls, 50 mi. or so, I haul by the bale so I like to get all I can on a load. Every wheel has braking, and I do drive looking way ahead. Again sorry for the snide snap back.

/ legal tow? #66  

I also have a medium duty Freightliner M2 and pickup trucks with a tandem dually gooseneck. My concern isn't so much what a pickup and goose can pull, but rather what I can get stopped in a panic. I've occasionally hauled some very heavy loads with the pickup, legal but very heavy, and I concern myself greatly with keeping a lot of stopping space in front of me. The problem is, of course, that we can't always create or maintain that space. In so many words, I guess I am just agreeing with you.