Firewood guess?

/ Firewood guess? #41  
In my opinion, there is no way to correctly GUESS how much wood is on the trailer... The only "correct" measurement of firewood is the Cord. 128 cubic feet of " neatly stacked firewood".... although there are in fact penalties for selling other measurements of firewood... there is no stipulation regarding the length of each piece... if it is split or not... or if it is seasoned. and sure, a face cord, or rick, or rank can be confusing, but I see nothing wrong with taking the 4x4x8 measurement and achieving a convenient division of the 4 foot width of the stack of 16"... 4 ft= 48"... what is 48" divided by 3? ..... 16" !.... the only thing wrong there would be selling a " face cord" for say 50 bucks, and showing up with a stack 4 ft tall x 8 ft. long x anything shorter than 16"... you could get 4 12" "face cords" out of a full "federal" cord... now that's squeezing blood from a rock....

/ Firewood guess? #42  
im saying 1.5-2 cords, which would be about 4-6 face cords, which is not a real measure really.

/ Firewood guess? #43  
Your description is reminiscent of what happenned to elms 20 yrs ago, the bugs digging tunnels and the barks peeling off. Not a single large elm left on my land or anywhere close as far as I can tell, small ones keep sprouting up though , they reach 6-7'' diam. and dry up and die. Beech are under attack also from both a bug and a fungi although a good 50% seem immune ? Oh well so much for diversity lol

I was hoping for a deep prolonged cold snap this winter hoping it would eliminate some or all of those exotic pests but no luck.

As a forester i know a bit about it but having few ash trees here its not something we see or deal with in this area. My guess is that it will kill 99%. Some do have a natural amunity to it, just like all things and diseases. You probably had it years ago, killed all the treees and boreres moved out and will come back as there is now something to feed on again.

/ Firewood guess? #44  
i want to know how wide and how long the trailer is

/ Firewood guess? #46  
Looks like a 16 foot trailer to me, rounded in the middle and barely 16 inches high on the side edges. I'd estimate, maybe 1.5 cords... probably a little less.

/ Firewood guess?
i want to know how wide and how long the trailer is

There is a later post covering that....sorry. I'm pretty sure it's 16ft long by 8' wide. The ramp is roughly 3' long, and looks to be 8 wide. We have the same truck, which I know to be 80" wide, and the trailer was easily a foot wider on each side.

/ Firewood guess? #48  
i do lots of fire wood and have a simular trailer. i am guessing the trailer in the picture is either a 16ft or 18ft landscape. no way to tell exactly from picture, but i believe 4 face cords give or take. have had 4 fc on my 18ft and looked simular. mine was cut (16") split and stacked, but not stacked so high at the very front. so maybe slightly more then 4fc, but not much. at any rate, the trailer is probably over loaded a little. ( 1 face cord= stack 4ft X 8ft X16in.)