Tandom trailer blowout

/ Tandom trailer blowout #21  
Always have been careful about checking by hand as you got a real hot hub or stuck brake you could get a good burn got singed by a bearing once. Carry one of those cheap $30 IR thermometers that will tell you temp within a few degrees and you can actually see if the front to rear tires or brakes are doing their fare share of the work.

David Kb7uns
This is true.. ! We just had a guy accidentally touch an aluminium air pipe on an engine.... pipe looked just like everything else on the engine. Problem was, it was on the outlet side of the turbo before the CAC.... pipe was about 350-360 degrees!. Hes sporting a nice burn right now!

/ Tandom trailer blowout #22  
Re: tire pressure monitoring systems

Thanks for the heads up. I knew these existed, but this thread convinced me to spend the dough for the added safety value on a long trip we'll be undertaking this summer. I looked at the variety of brands/models available, ended up going with the TST 507 with flow through sensors. Now i should upgrade my stems and be good to go.

/ Tandom trailer blowout #23  
I keep one of these trailer aids in my truck. Works great with my horse and flatbed dual axle trailers. Lot simpler than another jack.

Attachments

• image-307460595.jpg
    image-307460595.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 115
   / Tandom trailer blowout #24  
I keep one of these trailer aids in my truck. Works great with my horse and flatbed dual axle trailers. Lot simpler than another jack.

I have one of those in my RV... GREAT tool!

/ Tandom trailer blowout #25  
you know.. i've been threatoning to get one of those. may have to finally make good on my threats...

/ Tandom trailer blowout #26  

Here is the best place to store it, right under the spare!
ramp storage (Large).jpg

/ Tandom trailer blowout #27  
nice setup! what's the weight rating?

/ Tandom trailer blowout #28  
Just be careful using a ramp. I have seen it bend a spindle on the good axle due to overloading. It was so bent we could not get the rear bearing off. Had to cut it off then load the trailer on my GN and take it to a fab shop to have the spindle cut off the axle tube and a new one welded in.

Chris

/ Tandom trailer blowout #29  
yikes!

so far my hi-lift farm jack and or 50t bottle jack and timber have been doing the job... hmm.....