6.0 Powerstroke letter

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #1  

deerefan

Veteran Member
Tractor
1952 8N, 2005 JD 5103
Got this in the mail yesterday. Luckily both of my 6.0 engines (04 & 06) were trouble free. Any of you get this letter?

image-3604731242.jpg

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #2  
I did not get it. Like you, both my 04 F250 and 06 F350 were/are trouble free.

Chris

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter
Diamondpilot said:
I did not get it. Like you, both my 04 F250 and 06 F350 were/are trouble free.

Chris

The local diesel mechanic has had quite a few come thru for the normal stuff- egr and head gaskets. One fellow in our area loves the 6.0. He does the head bolt swap and egr mods and they run forever. He currently has one with right at 300k.

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #4  
What do you expect......it's a FORD!:laughing:

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #5  
Yes I got one last week I had a early dec 02 build 2003 F350 6.0 had two turbos one under warranty one not. Dumped truck after they refused to help me with second turbo in 5 k miles.

Loved the truck and tranny the engine was not an improvement from the 7.3 If I would have gotten the 7.3 I would still have it

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #6  
The local diesel mechanic has had quite a few come thru for the normal stuff- egr and head gaskets. One fellow in our area loves the 6.0. He does the head bolt swap and egr mods and they run forever. He currently has one with right at 300k.

yeah those seem to be the common problems with the 6.0. correct those issues and you have a pretty reliable engine for a long time from what I hear. I see alot of 6.0's running around town. My friend who has a landscaping business has a 6.4 F-450 and when he first got it, the fuel mileage was crap and he had some issues with it. took off all the emissions stuff, put a tune on it and that thing runs like a scalded dog now! hasn't had a lick of trouble with it since.

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #7  
i also got the letter, but didnt do any work on my 04 until 118K, did studs, gaskets and coolers. just hit 130K last week.

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #8  
i got the letter.. we have 2 04's at work.

1 has had egr work. ( not mine ).

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #9  
I got the letter. I think mine has had a turbo or two but it was with the previous owner. Knock on wood, no problems for me yet.....

/ 6.0 Powerstroke letter #10  
I got the letter and had to replace EGR cooler, and head gaskets on my 05 at around 80k miles. Im going to see how this letter works.