Bedliner, what type and where to get it

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
Looking to put bedliner on the beds of the RTV and the golf cart. Any suggestions? Napa is running a special on a roller applied kit (made by Herculiner IIRC) $80 for enough to do a full size truck bed, shouldn't need more than 1/2 of that.

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #2  
Looking to put bedliner on the beds of the RTV and the golf cart. Any suggestions? Napa is running a special on a roller applied kit (made by Herculiner IIRC) $80 for enough to do a full size truck bed, shouldn't need more than 1/2 of that.

Thanks

Aaron Z

I used a different brand, on my floorboards and steps of my Kubota L3400, and I was very pleased with the results. the traction was greatly enhanced, and it wore well. I used the Plasticote brand, but same stuff as you are contemplating. I bought a gallon for $45, at the Tractor Supply but that was in 2010.

James K0UA

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it
I used a different brand, on my floorboards and steps of my Kubota L3400, and I was very pleased with the results. the traction was greatly enhanced, and it wore well. I used the Plasticote brand, but same stuff as you are contemplating. I bought a gallon for $45, at the Tractor Supply but that was in 2010.
Thanks, looks like they now have Rustolem for $60/gallon or $19/quart.

Aaron Z

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #4  

Thanks

Aaron Z

That is junk, don't bother. Get a Raptor kit. I have used it a bunch after seeing it used in my buddies body shop. It looks as goid as the factory liner in my Nissan Titan. I have done about 10 trucks, a bush hog, a trailer, ect. Cost is about $120 on ebay. It looks as good as a Rhino or Line X liner.

Chris

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #5  
That is junk, don't bother. Get a Raptor kit. I have used it a bunch after seeing it used in my buddies body shop. It looks as goid as the factory liner in my Nissan Titan. I have done about 10 trucks, a bush hog, a trailer, ect. Cost is about $120 on ebay. It looks as good as a Rhino or Line X liner.

Chris

I took DP's advice last spring and got the Raptor kit on ebay. I'd never done one. It came out like I'd sent the truck out and had it done professionally. I recommend it also. In fact after a couple of heavy coats, I still had a bottle from the kit left over after doing a 6.5' bed.
I just got a new truck and they threw in a plastic liner, but I may buy some more Raptor and sell the plastic liner once the warmer weather arrives. Now that I have the gun and a leftover bottle, I can just buy a couple more bottles of liner and a can of hardener.
I think the kit I bought was around $120 like DP says. But here's the exact same one for $109: http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-Pol-Rapto..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item3f222bd70b&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
   / Bedliner, what type and where to get it #6  
For those of you with experience with the Raptor bedlner products, how do you think it would work for painting an equipment trailer? I'm thinking about sandblasting and freshening up my equipment trailer this summer. If I do so I will be using POR15 for the 2 base coats, but they recommend a top coat for UV protection. It would seem like POR 15 base coats coupled with a durable bedliner top coat might be the best of both worlds. Do you guys think enough bedliner for an 8 foot bed would be enough for a 20 foot deckover equipment trailer? I'm not planning on taking up the decking as it is in excellent shape except for 2 boards on the beaver tail which I will replace. I just want to freshen up the exposed metal. Thanks

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #7  
Do you guys think enough bedliner for an 8 foot bed would be enough for a 20 foot deckover equipment trailer? I'm not planning on taking up the decking as it is in excellent shape except for 2 boards on the beaver tail which I will replace. I just want to freshen up the exposed metal. Thanks

My best guess would be to estimate the square footage of the area to be covered on your trailer and compare it to the approximate square footage of the inside of an 8' pickup bed and plan accordingly. The kit I used comes with four 1 liter bottles. There are other packages available with just the bottles of liner and the required hardener if you need more.
Chris (Diamondpilot) has experience with using it on trailers, where I really do not. I can tell you that it's tough, cost effective stuff and I was extremely happy with it in my pickup. Happy enough that I will be doing it again on my new truck when warm weather comes.

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #8  

Thanks

Aaron Z

I did 2 Kawasaki Mule beds and the floor boards with the same product. On the 3010 Transport, I took the bed apart and after cleaning and prepping as recomended, I applied 2 coats on all the parts and allowed to cure for 48 hours in side. Put it all back together and abuse the h*ll out of it! no problems after 5 years of abuse.

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #9  
I would get 2 kits to do a 20' trailer. There is a lot of waste with overspray versus a truck bed. It works excellent for trailers

Chris

/ Bedliner, what type and where to get it #10  
The instructions for that Raptor kit on e-bay says it requires 8 CFM at 50-60 psi to apply. How critical is the CFM requirement? My compressor says it produces 6.3 CFM at 40 psi and 5 CFM at 90 psi. Could I get by with about 6.0 CFM at 50 psi?? I will be redoing my trailer this Spring and this thread has me thinking about using the truck bed liner vs paint, though I'd still sand it down and prime it first.