Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Bedliner, what type and where to get it

Looking to put bedliner on the beds of the RTV and the golf cart. Any suggestions? Napa is running a special on a roller applied kit (made by Herculiner IIRC) $80 for enough to do a full size truck bed, shouldn't need more than 1/2 of that.

Thanks

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    — Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Bedliner, what type and where to get it

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Looking to put bedliner on the beds of the RTV and the golf cart. Any suggestions? Napa is running a special on a roller applied kit (made by Herculiner IIRC) $80 for enough to do a full size truck bed, shouldn't need more than 1/2 of that.

Thanks

Aaron Z

I used a different brand, on my floorboards and steps of my kubota L3400, and I was very pleased with the results. the traction was greatly enhanced, and it wore well. I used the Plasticote brand, but same stuff as you are contemplating. I bought a gallon for $45, at the Tractor Supply but that was in 2010.

James K0UA
    James KØUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I used a different brand, on my floorboards and steps of my kubota L3400, and I was very pleased with the results. the traction was greatly enhanced, and it wore well. I used the Plasticote brand, but same stuff as you are contemplating. I bought a gallon for $45, at the Tractor Supply but that was in 2010.
    Thanks, looks like they now have Rustolem for $60/gallon or $19/quart.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    — Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Thanks

Aaron Z
    That is junk, don't bother. Get a Raptor kit. I have used it a bunch after seeing it used in my buddies body shop. It looks as goid as the factory liner in my Nissan Titan. I have done about 10 trucks, a bush hog, a trailer, ect. Cost is about $120 on ebay. It looks as good as a Rhino or Line X liner.

Chris

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    That is junk, don't bother. Get a Raptor kit. I have used it a bunch after seeing it used in my buddies body shop. It looks as goid as the factory liner in my Nissan Titan. I have done about 10 trucks, a bush hog, a trailer, ect. Cost is about $120 on ebay. It looks as good as a Rhino or Line X liner.

Chris
    I took DP's advice last spring and got the Raptor kit on ebay. I'd never done one. It came out like I'd sent the truck out and had it done professionally. I recommend it also. In fact after a couple of heavy coats, I still had a bottle from the kit left over after doing a 6.5' bed.
    I just got a new truck and they threw in a plastic liner, but I may buy some more Raptor and sell the plastic liner once the warmer weather arrives. Now that I have the gun and a leftover bottle, I can just buy a couple more bottles of liner and a can of hardener.
    I think the kit I bought was around $120 like DP says. But here's the exact same one for $109: http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-Pol-Raptor...2bd70b&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by JJZ 109; 03-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Powerstar T4.75

For those of you with experience with the Raptor bedlner products, how do you think it would work for painting an equipment trailer? I'm thinking about sandblasting and freshening up my equipment trailer this summer. If I do so I will be using POR15 for the 2 base coats, but they recommend a top coat for UV protection. It would seem like POR 15 base coats coupled with a durable bedliner top coat might be the best of both worlds. Do you guys think enough bedliner for an 8 foot bed would be enough for a 20 foot deckover equipment trailer? I'm not planning on taking up the decking as it is in excellent shape except for 2 boards on the beaver tail which I will replace. I just want to freshen up the exposed metal. Thanks
    Chance favors the prepared mind

My toys:
    - 2013 New Holland Powerstar T4.75 cab tractor with FEL
    - Alamo SHD 88 Flail Mower
    - RAD Technologies Blizzard B94 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower
    - Bush Hog Squealer 60" (looking for an upgrade)
    - 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Z71 Duramax/Allison
    - 2008 Polaris Sportsman 800 Stealth
    - PJ 20+5 foot Gooseneck Deckover trailer

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by Lt CHEG View Post
    Do you guys think enough bedliner for an 8 foot bed would be enough for a 20 foot deckover equipment trailer? I'm not planning on taking up the decking as it is in excellent shape except for 2 boards on the beaver tail which I will replace. I just want to freshen up the exposed metal. Thanks
    My best guess would be to estimate the square footage of the area to be covered on your trailer and compare it to the approximate square footage of the inside of an 8' pickup bed and plan accordingly. The kit I used comes with four 1 liter bottles. There are other packages available with just the bottles of liner and the required hardener if you need more.
    Chris (Diamondpilot) has experience with using it on trailers, where I really do not. I can tell you that it's tough, cost effective stuff and I was extremely happy with it in my pickup. Happy enough that I will be doing it again on my new truck when warm weather comes.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510 and Mahindra 5500 4WD

Thanks

Aaron Z
    I did 2 Kawasaki Mule beds and the floor boards with the same product. On the 3010 Transport, I took the bed apart and after cleaning and prepping as recomended, I applied 2 coats on all the parts and allowed to cure for 48 hours in side. Put it all back together and abuse the h*ll out of it! no problems after 5 years of abuse.
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

I would get 2 kits to do a 20' trailer. There is a lot of waste with overspray versus a truck bed. It works excellent for trailers

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

The instructions for that Raptor kit on e-bay says it requires 8 CFM at 50-60 psi to apply. How critical is the CFM requirement? My compressor says it produces 6.3 CFM at 40 psi and 5 CFM at 90 psi. Could I get by with about 6.0 CFM at 50 psi?? I will be redoing my trailer this Spring and this thread has me thinking about using the truck bed liner vs paint, though I'd still sand it down and prime it first.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast