New Mercedes-Benz 6x6 SUV pickup

/ New Mercedes-Benz 6x6 SUV pickup #21  
Did it say how many were coming to this country?

/ New Mercedes-Benz 6x6 SUV pickup #22  
A Hummer is crazy.
Snow is crazy.
Plowing snow is crazy.
But I guess you gotta get those snow peas in while you can.:cold::yummy::greenthumb::chef:
But I'm a south Texas boy, so what do I know?

I can't imagine any Hummer getting anywhere in the snow on those giant flotation tires. Gotta imagine they
put narrower tires on; anyone "up North" knows that. Get a Subaru on skinny snow tires and you'll rule the world.

Hardly ever see the first gen Hummers out there, maybe they are becoming collectors items for Arnie wannabes...
My understanding was that they are slow and clunky, and only when GM rebadged a Tahoe did the Hummer get driveable.
sorry if one of you has the Hummer with the five cylinder engine in it, but geez GM what were you thinking?

oops, I knew I'd step on a toe, sorry... Tim. I]My wife's H3 goes like a billy goat and is very maneuverable and heavy...No major power, but it gives all it has.[/I]

Last edited:
   / New Mercedes-Benz 6x6 SUV pickup #23  
The big old stinky H1s wouldn't be to bad to plow with in wide open areas. They are very heavy and geared low for pushing. Smallest blade you could mount would be a nine footer. However wide and limited visibility are two qualities you don't want in a plow rig. With the constant back and forth motion, I wonder how those portal axles will hold up as well.

/ New Mercedes-Benz 6x6 SUV pickup #24  
I can't imagine any Hummer getting anywhere in the snow on those giant flotation tires. Gotta imagine they
put narrower tires on; anyone "up North" knows that. Get a Subaru on skinny snow tires and you'll rule the world.

Hardly ever see the first gen Hummers out there, maybe they are becoming collectors items for Arnie wannabes...
My understanding was that they are slow and clunky, and only when GM rebadged a Tahoe did the Hummer get driveable.
sorry if one of you has the Hummer with the five cylinder engine in it, but geez GM what were you thinking?

oops, I knew I'd step on a toe, sorry... Tim. I]My wife's H3 goes like a billy goat and is very maneuverable and heavy...No major power, but it gives all it has.[/I]

No toe stepping here...My wife loves the H3...Me, not my thing....Actually, visability isn't that bad once you get used to it. A backup camera is manditory....Can't see anything behind you without one.

As far as the H2 tires, we used to plow with pickups that we ran 31x10:50's-35x10:50's and we never had taction problems...The pickups have far worse weight distribution than an H2 unless there's a salt speader/cap etc...I still would never try that with an H2.