stand up or slide in ramps

/ stand up or slide in ramps #11  
It is my opinion that the slide in ramps are a good choice. I use a "Crowbar" to help facilitate the use of the ramps. BTW, I also use a hose to wash the mud and the debris off the ramps. I also use a silicone spray on the ramps after I pressure wash the trailer. The Silicone spray attracts less dirt than Grease does. At least for me.

/ stand up or slide in ramps
With slide out ramps do you need rear trailer support jacks when loading and unloading, noticed some trailers have them some don't. The trailer I am looking at has spring assist and legs on the ramps, the ramps will also lay down on the dovetail.

/ stand up or slide in ramps #13  
The folding ramps creating a flat bed is probably the best. The ramps standing straight up create a lot of wind resistance like a solid closed surface.

/ stand up or slide in ramps #14  
With slide out ramps do you need rear trailer support jacks when loading and unloading, noticed some trailers have them some don't. The trailer I am looking at has spring assist and legs on the ramps, the ramps will also lay down on the dovetail.

I carry a $15 pair of 3 ton jack stands in my tool box. Usually just one in the center of the rear of the trailer does the job.

Chris

/ stand up or slide in ramps #15  
My trailer is about 20 years old, and over lot of years of use, the slide in ramps bowed slightly in the middle - that made them impossible to slide in to the carrier.

If I bought another trailer, it would probably have fold up ramps.

/ stand up or slide in ramps #16  
I hate the slide in. They are heavy and cumbersome to deal with if you are loading and unloading a lot. The fold up are easier to use.

Also as said if the slide in get the slightest bend in them they get hard to slide in and out. They are also hrd to put back in if they get a lot of mud on them.

Another plus of stand up is being able to see the back of your trailer when empty.

I dislike the slide in so much that I am going to convert my trailer that has slide in to fold up when I get time.

On the other hand if you are hauling other stuff more often than things that need ramps your needs may vary. I could see the stand up ramps possibly being in the way for some applications.

/ stand up or slide in ramps #17  
I have both....

Most useful trailer for almost every application is the trailer with the slide in ramps. I leave the ramps at home when hauling lumber, etc.
Fold up ramps have their place, but they are almost always in the way.

/ stand up or slide in ramps #18  
I agree with BCP: "First choice: Tilt bed

I found the perfect trailer for me, 4' pop-up dove tail.

For hauling square hay bales, ramps make a back stop.
P9062364.JPG

For round bales, leave the deck down and ramps hold the last one or two in place.
P7310009.JPG

For equipment, ramps slide in to match tread width, and support the rear.
P9062369.JPGPC190002.JPG

/ stand up or slide in ramps #19  
If your ramps bent you bought a trailer with under built ramps. My trailer is 10 years old and used weekly. As for sliding them in and out I pull a hitch pin and pull them out. 30 seconds tops.

Chris

/ stand up or slide in ramps #20  
I like these ramps

Wheel disc delivery-2.JPG