Would you haul anything on this trailer?

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #21  
Which is the tow vehicle in this picture?:cloud9:

Of course the Ford Ranger (2.3L 4 cyl) is towing.
The Fiat is rear engined, so it must be loaded on the trailer rear first. I tried it once "forward", and it was impossible to handle the trailer. If it had the bed forward, then it might be possible to drive on forward, but as it is, the trailer has the bed more or less centered over the axle, and thus the car goes on backwards.

The CitiCar also seemed to fit in better backwards, although perhaps it woudn't have made a big difference.

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #23  
I believe the city car has battery power. The weight has your poor ranger alittle bagged down. I am amazed at the mileage these little trucks get on them. friend has 240,000 on his and drives it to work every day.

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #24  
For the right price I would buy it. Can't tell if the front axle is different because of the hub cab but that rear axle is a 10k (or more). Lots of good parts to make something nice.

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #25  
Looks like a home-made tilt trailer. :)

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #26  
I believe the city car has battery power. The weight has your poor ranger alittle bagged down. I am amazed at the mileage these little trucks get on them. friend has 240,000 on his and drives it to work every day.

We pulled the 4 cylinder motor on my neighbors about 10 years ago. I believe it was a 86 with 190,000 miles on it. When we pulled the crank 3 of the pistons fell out on the ground. Prior to that it was a daily driver.

Bored .030 over and a rebuild kit and his 19 year old nephew is still driving it. I see him going down the road with a bed full of metal scrap or firewood pulling a 16' landscape trailer filled the same. It has to be near 350,000 miles now.

Chris

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #27  
I'm not sure where the batteries were. The original ones were long dead.
Obviously the battery boxes were removed to get the car fit into the 6 foot bed (with tailgate down, and a 2x6 frame to get it above the wheels).

The mileage did drop a bit on the Ranger with that load. I wish I had installed overload springs on it sometime.

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #28  
Looks like a car hauler extended to haul a long car. Looks like the only anchors are two bolts at the front of the 2x10's.

I wouldn't want to haul anything other than 6 2x10's as long as I could strap them down better.

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #29  
Appears wood is his preferred material for structural reinforcement. Looks like a bunch of 2x4's jammed in under the A/C window unit to hold it up and a 2x scabbed onto the front window casing to fasten the satellite dish mount. So 2x6's to lengthen a trailer was the obvious choice!

/ Would you haul anything on this trailer? #30  
Appears wood is his preferred material for structural reinforcement. Looks like a bunch of 2x4's jammed in under the A/C window unit to hold it up and a 2x scabbed onto the front window casing to fasten the satellite dish mount. So 2x6's to lengthen a trailer was the obvious choice!

one of the tractors I bought was owned by a cabinet maker.

as I worked on it.. sure enough.. i found the hood door hinge was held on with wood screws and a cabinet hinge. :)

work with what ya got / know I guess.. :)