I don't need a:

"Service Engine Soon" light.
"Service Tire Monitoring System" light.
"Service Air Bag" light.
"Seat Belt Unbuckled" light.
"Door Open" light.
"Hood Latch Open" light.
"Turn Signal Is On" light.

I just need a simple truck. A truck that doesn't complain to me while I'm driving down the road. Or at least a truck that would say something nice to me now and then.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #2  
I agree with most but I do like:

"Door Open" light - to tell me if a door isn't shut properly. (kids in quad cab = partially open doors)
"Service Engine Soon" light - but don't bother me with EVAP codes, only misfires and bad 02 sensors.
"Turn Signal Is On" light - I'm not 90 yet, I don't want to be driving around not knowing if my turn signal is on or not.

I also have a "Light Bulb Out" light which is nice because you never know when you have a tail light out until the man in blue let's you know and a "Low Washer Fluid" light because I used to only run out 20 miles down a dusty dirt road with no more washer fluid in the truck.

My truck says something nice to me between 1800 and 4500 rpms and it sounds so good!

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #3  
I don't need a:

"Service Engine Soon" light.
"Service Tire Monitoring System" light.
"Service Air Bag" light.
"Seat Belt Unbuckled" light.
"Door Open" light.
"Hood Latch Open" light.
"Turn Signal Is On" light.

I just need a simple truck. A truck that doesn't complain to me while I'm driving down the road. Or at least a truck that would say something nice to me now and then.

Well then I had the truck for you, a 96 dodge ram half ton that didn't tell ya diddly squat but I traded it in finally and I'm sure its been squashed by now.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #4  
Well then I had the truck for you, a 96 dodge ram half ton that didn't tell ya diddly squat but I traded it in finally and I'm sure its been squashed by now.
Technically that was an OBDII vehicle so it had the Check Engine light, need a pre-1995 for no Check Engine light. Although, with such a great truck there was probably never a reason for the Check Engine light to come on. :laughing:

/ Things that I don't need on my truck
I have the truck for you. A 1956 Chevy that ran for 20 years without any of this stuff. Imagine that! I guess we all need our trucks to tell us what to do now. Maybe I'll get used to that.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #6  
I hate the stability/ traction control light. The last thing I want is the truck applying the brakes while I'm on the gas.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #7  
Technically that was an OBDII vehicle so it had the Check Engine light, need a pre-1995 for no Check Engine light. Although, with such a great truck there was probably never a reason for the Check Engine light to come on. :laughing:

Yessir you are correct. My check engine light stayed on for probably the last ten years. I just ignored it, always suspected it was the catalytic converter. Also, the oil guage all of a sudden went to 0 pounds pressure. I could not find an oil sending unit anywhere, always suspected that was a wire issue. Drove it for years like that no problems.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #8  
I hate the stability/ traction control light. The last thing I want is the truck applying the brakes while I'm on the gas.

You guys keep describing my vehicles. Got an '04 grand prix that constantly tells me to service traction control and ABS. Don't know about ABS but I can change pads and rotors if need to so gonna drive it til it quits. 180,000 miles so far.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #9  
My first truck had three on the tree.....crank windows....AM radio and a choke......great truck!!!:thumbsup:

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #10  
How old are you Jerrybob? 114?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.