2006 Powerstroke For Sale

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #21  
Mahindra probably sells more tractors than case/IH, but I'm not planning on buying a mahindra tractor for hay farming anytime soon. Lol

You know, statistics are a weekend warrior's and internet truck warriors game. Once you get out and use trucks for their true intended use day after day, you gain valuable experience in what works and what doesn't work......What reliability means when you gotta be at the fields or on the job site at 6 am or if your truck is in the shop or its no big deal because you don't really need a truck anyway.

You are right. This is why I will not touch another GM truck. Lost revenue and down time cost me too much business with my 05 Dmax. Dodge was nearly as bad with my nickel and dime stuff and tranny issues. I would give them a second look though.

Weather you believe it or not my 99, 04, & 06 Ford diesel never cost me a days work.

Chris

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #22  
i like long beds.. if I needed a truck.. i'd prefer a 7.3 but most won't buy a truck that old.

my 04 6.0 is over 130k and no engine issues.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #23  
You are right. This is why I will not touch another GM truck. Lost revenue and down time cost me too much business with my 05 Dmax. Dodge was nearly as bad with my nickel and dime stuff and tranny issues. I would give them a second look though.

Weather you believe it or not my 99, 04, & 06 Ford diesel never cost me a days work.

Chris

Get back to me when you haul a loaded trailer everyday of the working week to feed your family. And just so I'm clear, driving back and forth to work with an occasional haul doesn't count. My '99 Powerstroke has been a good truck, but its had issues and on occasion its cost me days work. I'm not a fan boy in regards to any of them...every working truck breaks...its the nature of the beast. That said, the 6.0 and 6.4 have had more issues than I ever care to visit. I'll look elsewhere.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #24  
Get back to me when you haul a loaded trailer everyday of the working week to feed your family. And just so I'm clear, driving back and forth to work with an occasional haul doesn't count. My '99 Powerstroke has been a good truck, but its had issues and on occasion its cost me days work. I'm not a fan boy in regards to any of them...every working truck breaks...its the nature of the beast. That said, the 6.0 and 6.4 have had more issues than I ever care to visit. I'll look elsewhere.

My trucks get worked 3 or so days a week and in the spring and fall get used for 15 hours or more a day for a few weeks strait. Nature of my business. They never leave the lot with less than 7,000# for the 1/2 tons upto 10,500# and the 1 ton never leaves with less than 12,000# and as much as 25,000#

The 1/2 ton also serves as my daily driver. The diesel does not leave till it tugging a load.

Chris

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #25  
So, not ONE of your Ford diesels have EVER had a down day for a mechanical problem of any sort? That's almost unbelievable. Maybe even an internet first.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #26  
So, not ONE of your Ford diesels have EVER had a down day for a mechanical problem of any sort? That's almost unbelievable. Maybe even an internet first.

1 day in a dozen or better Fords. 99 F350 never once. Same for the 04 F250

The 06 F350 had a dash cluster problem at about 6000 miles and I did not realize the fuel gauge was reading wrong. It died 15 miles from home pulling 17K or so on a 800 mile run. Long story short it was a bad dash cluster and even though it was reading 1/3 tank it was bone dry. It was down for a day.

The other dozen or so Fords we have owned have been great. Mostly F150 4x4's with 3.73 gears. Not a single issue. Most traded between 60K and 110K

Our 04 Mercury Mountaineer had a power window go out in the 90K we owned it.

That's all. I have never had a starter, alternator, water pump, anything like that. That includes the 4 GM's, a Dodge, a Honda, a BMW, a Nissan, a Toyota, a Lexus, ect. We do trade usuall around 80K to 130K. The longest I have keep a vehicle for is 145K.

Chris

Last edited:
   / 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #27  
Most vehicles today will run 100k or better pretty much problem free.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #28  
I had an 02 f250 7.3 at just over 100,000 mile it needed ball joints and the 4x4 hubs rebuilt. At just over 200,000 it needed ball joints again. Ford told me it was because of the work body I needed a one ton truck for the weight. So when it was time I bought an 08 f 350 and guess what..... Ball joints at 81,000 miles hmmm. Fords answer was its a heavy duty truck that is to be expected. Now both of these were 4x4 trucks the 2 wd may be better. I have a crew in a 2010 f250 with just a topper 2wd with the 6.2 it has 60,000 miles on it so far no issues yet. From what I've driven it I don't like that it is what I consider a top end engine no power till the rpms are up. I know a lot if you say that a hemi is like that too but the hemis I have had feel stronger in the lower rpms than the 6.2. Right now I'm driving a 2012 2500 ram cummins g56 and it has just over 18,000 miles on it. So far my favorite of the new era trucks I have had with the 02 7.3 in 2nd place. I was a ford man most my life and still like the older fords. I have a 69 mach 1 a 71 f350 and a 75 f100. I just don't think ford builds the truck they once did. My opinion take it for what it's worth.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #29  
Not a single issue. Most traded between 60K and 110K
I would be more surprised if you DID have an issue with such low mileage. Try keeping a truck to 200k and you'll see which one holds up better.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #30  
I would be more surprised if you DID have an issue with such low mileage. Try keeping a truck to 200k and you'll see which one holds up better.

Time will tell. To this point I had about 25 vehicles. To be honest I wasted too much money buying and trading on average every 18 to 24 months. I just liked having new.

In my older age I stopped doing that. Our newest vehicle is a 08 & we have a 07 & a 06. All pushing 100K. We will have to do something different, probably the 07 BMW 335I for a bigger family car. SUV more than likely. Still interested in the Cherokee, Volvo S60, and Exploreer.

Chris