2006 Powerstroke For Sale

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #31  
DP, since none of your 6.0's has yet made it past 100K you need to do yourself a favor and get a set of gauges to watch the ECT/EOT. I use the Insight Edge, which lets me look at turbo geometry, boost, EOT (engine oil temp), ECT (Engine coolant temp), instant mileage, etc. You can even program it to factor in for upsized tires etc. It is read-only, it doesn't boost power or change the ECU. You can also monitor your FICM voltage.

Keep an eye on the EOT/ECT temps. Over 15* unloaded and you're due for an oil cooler. Mine is on #2. I added a coolant filter and switched to CAT ELC coolant.

/ 2006 Powerstroke For Sale #32  
DP, since none of your 6.0's has yet made it past 100K you need to do yourself a favor and get a set of gauges to watch the ECT/EOT. I use the Insight Edge, which lets me look at turbo geometry, boost, EOT (engine oil temp), ECT (Engine coolant temp), instant mileage, etc. You can even program it to factor in for upsized tires etc. It is read-only, it doesn't boost power or change the ECU. You can also monitor your FICM voltage.

Keep an eye on the EOT/ECT temps. Over 15* unloaded and you're due for an oil cooler. Mine is on #2. I added a coolant filter and switched to CAT ELC coolant.

I have a Quadzilla and it does that. Its set to defuel at a certain egt temp and monitor the oil/coolant temp for a deferential then throw it into limp mode.

Chris