Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing.

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #201  
This evening I checked the company website and no mention anywhere of vehicle registration.

Do need a major credit card, drivers license and proof of insurance for vehicles.

As to the sticker losses... 3 on two different trucks in the last 7 years.

The new thing is thieves are taking the entire plate.

Last summer in the Hospital parking lot I noticed a family... man, woman in a folding chair and two small children changing a tire on their older Honda... what I did not realize is they were systematically stealing all the tires and wheels from another Honda... the victim said her husband had just put on a new set of Michelins two months ago...

Crooks are getting very bold and often not much Law Enforcement can do...

As for the stumps...

I used the backhoe and dug down around the 36" dia stumps and cut them flush with my chainsaw... I've got 3 chains that now need sharpening... much less expensive than the stump grinder and I will just cover what's in the ground with 6" of dirt...
Not a big deal but you may get mushrooms growing over the stump area.

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing.
It's very dry here with the first rain since Easter last week...

The Monteray Pine stumps average about 36"... an infestation led to their demise and just about all in the area.

I cut the stumps down so I could get my equipment trailer easily down the side of the property.

Imagine over time they will rot and will either have depression or stump sinkhole?

Sewer lines are under one that ruled using the hoe to dig it out.

It was a little painful to use my chainsaw like this because I'm super careful to keep it no where near the ground...

I'm sure one loop is toast... still way cheaper than renting the Diesel Brush Bandit stump grinder.

At the same yard I would rent a genie lift boom... same type that Home Depot rents... now both require an operator card to rent... have not looked into what is required to get one...

It's the same if you want to scrape any loose paint off your siding... need to have a lead paint certification...

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #203  
It's very dry here with the first rain since Easter last week...

The Monteray Pine stumps average about 36"... an infestation led to their demise and just about all in the area.

I cut the stumps down so I could get my equipment trailer easily down the side of the property.

Imagine over time they will rot and will either have depression or stump sinkhole?

Sewer lines are under one that ruled using the hoe to dig it out.

It was a little painful to use my chainsaw like this because I'm super careful to keep it no where near the ground...

I'm sure one loop is toast... still way cheaper than renting the Diesel Brush Bandit stump grinder.

At the same yard I would rent a genie lift boom... same type that Home Depot rents... now both require an operator card to rent... have not looked into what is required to get one...

It's the same if you want to scrape any loose paint off your siding... need to have a lead paint certification...

Fortunately for you, we are well on our way to being a Total Surveillance Society.

Next thing - You'll be telling us you still walk and chew gum at the same time !

I joke... but perhaps there is a certificate for that now too..... :muted:

Rgds, D.

Cameras are going in everywhere it seems...

The ones I notice most are the ones being mounted on the top of traffic lights to monitor vehicles...

It seems the barriers to getting things done keep increasing.

Still remember when I borught my little BX23 home... someone had followed me the last couple of blocks to my driveway... I'm thinking it's a person that like tractors... nope, it was someone that wanted to know what I intended to do with it on my land...

Most of my property is in a small draw... the smallest parcel on my street is 1 acre... the dozen or so of us our surrounded by a subdivision of hundreds of homes on 5,000 square foot lots and on my side of the land... it is kind of like living in a fishbowl...

That will eventually change as the 40+ oaks and redwoods I planted continue to grow... at least this is the plan...

On my last visit to Washington State... the local home depot rents log splitters and Kubota tractors... this is from a chain store...

My rental yard no longer rents log splitters because of liability and chippers only to contractors... it is a big yard on a couple of acres with backhoes, dozers, etc...

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #205  
i keep an old electric chainsaw for stump cutting flush. I don't mind if it's bar runs in some dirt.. etc.

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #206  
It seems the barriers to getting things done keep increasing.

Still remember when I borught my little BX23 home... someone had followed me the last couple of blocks to my driveway... I'm thinking it's a person that like tractors... nope, it was someone that wanted to know what I intended to do with it on my land...

The more people I meet..... The more I like my dog......

I think I would have been asking for their Tractor Inspector License....

How about an Alternate Universe where the Liability Lawyers get rounded up, and sentenced to doing all the work they've obstructed ? Only fair.

It's been quite a while since I've been to CA. Do visitors now have to sign a Liability Waiver when they get off the plane ? :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #207  
It's been quite a while since I've been to CA. Do visitors now have to sign a Liability Waiver when they get off the plane ? :rolleyes:

I don't know how they can. Pens, pencils, and paper say:

“This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.”

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #208  
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Good one !

Rgds, D.

/ Rental Yards here now require 3/4 ton truck or better when towing. #209  
Cameras are going in everywhere it seems...

The ones I notice most are the ones being mounted on the top of traffic lights to monitor vehicles...

If you notice that usually when they have 4 cameras, one on each signal standard, they are replacing the grids in the pavement for sensing traffic in turn and other lanes to trip the turn signals and not used just for monitoring.

David Kb7uns

If you notice that usually when they have 4 cameras, one on each signal standard, they are replacing the grids in the pavement for sensing traffic in turn and other lanes to trip the turn signals and not used just for monitoring.

David Kb7uns

No... the city of Oakland is now the robbery capital of the country and cameras are going up fast... even a federal grant to pay for some...

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_23191895/oakland-robbery-capital-america

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Oakland-robberies-surge-as-investigations-sputter-4855014.php

Think about it... 8 Habitat for Humanity volunteers working on new housing robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight with shots fired and President Carter is to visit this site on Monday...

Or the old guy I knew washing his car in front of his home and is shot and killed because he didn't have anything for the robbers to take... again before noon on a Monday.

It used to be the bad people slept until noon and didn't get out until at least 3pm... now, it seems round the clock...

San Jose was the country's safest large city and lots murder happening there too...