Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown
Seriously, grow up!
If you can't handle a conversation without stooping to ridicule then go somewhere else.
Driving a new truck doesn't make you an expert on them...

Don't draw first blood and nobody will go Rambo on you.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #42  
Don't draw first blood and nobody will go Rambo on you.
Or you could stick to the debate on hand instead of childish banter...
If someone wants a debate, I'll debate facts not opinions.

Or you could stick to the debate on hand instead of childish banter...
If someone wants a debate, I'll debate facts not opinions.

You are not getting it. This thread is no place for a debate that includes your beloved hemi or for you to spread your anti-ford agendas.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #44  
You are not getting it. This thread is no place for a debate that includes your beloved hemi or for you to spread your anti-ford agendas.
Your comparing engines and since there are no other turbo direct injected truck engines on the market then we need other comparisons. You seem to think the lack of down shifting towing a pop-up is all the "proof" you need.

Since you only think Ford should be discussed here then maybe we'll stick to comparing it to the 6.2l and 5.0l Ford engines...

Lastly, I didn't bring the HEMI into this thread, I only questioned your claim and compared the two engines in the title. Your the one always bringing it up.

On a side note, even my 9 year old 5 speed truck runs about 2000 RPMs at 70mph.

Lastly, I didn't bring the HEMI into this thread, I only questioned your claim and compared the two engines in the title. Your the one always bringing it up.

Wrong again sir! Please remember what you post.

I welcome any discussion with similar technology. That is why I created this thread. The ecoboost now has a possible comparable.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #46  
Wrong again sir! Please remember what you post.
Again, didn't mention the HEMI engine for comparison just the fact that 70 mph at 2000 RPMs is nothing new.
I welcome any discussion with similar technology. That is why I created this thread. The ecoboost now has a possible comparable.
Why does the technology have to be similar to compare? Don't want to admit there's not that much gain with all that "technology".

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #47  
Checked out the 1998 S10 with the 4.3L gas engine that we finally got on the road after replacing a blown engine due to abuse at 524K miles with another bad engine using Scan Gauge II. In 5th (manual 5 speed) it does 1750 RPM at 55.

While turbo charged line produced gas engines have been on the road for 20+ years it is nice to see USA companies building them now using technology that has been around for a while. While more complex than an old low compression engine I expect they will get them to be very dependable in small trucks.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #48  
I currently drive a 2012 F-150 with the ecoboost. Before this truck, I drove a 2003 GMC with the 5.3. Both with the 3.73 gears. I drive over the same road fairly often, my wife and I and no load in the truck, and not pulling anything. There is a long gradual hill at one point of the road which is a divided freeway. At 65 mph. and in cruise control, the GMC would downshift about 3/4 of the way up the hill. The Ford does not. Everything being equal. I don't know anything about all the technical things that some of you are arguing about, all I know is my real life experience. If the GMC always downshifted and the Ford never does, then something is different. I like both trucks equally, some things were better in the GMC and some things are better in the Ford. This is the fact of of my experience with both trucks on the same road, exactly the same conditions.

/ Ford vs. GM: Twin-Turbo Showdown #49  
I currently drive a 2012 F-150 with the ecoboost. Before this truck, I drove a 2003 GMC with the 5.3. Both with the 3.73 gears. I drive over the same road fairly often, my wife and I and no load in the truck, and not pulling anything. There is a long gradual hill at one point of the road which is a divided freeway. At 65 mph. and in cruise control, the GMC would downshift about 3/4 of the way up the hill. The Ford does not. Everything being equal. I don't know anything about all the technical things that some of you are arguing about, all I know is my real life experience. If the GMC always downshifted and the Ford never does, then something is different. I like both trucks equally, some things were better in the GMC and some things are better in the Ford. This is the fact of of my experience with both trucks on the same road, exactly the same conditions.

That speaks pretty well for the 10 year old GM truck if you liked them both equally and actually like some things better about it than any brand of new truck whether its Ford, Nissan, etc.
I bought an '08 ford that is clearly inferior to my older similar equipped GM trucks. Not based on emotion or sales figures, wearing blue oval blinders or calling GM "***** motors", not being a loser "living in my (deceased) mother's basement", etc.
It's based on my actual repair costs, down time, torque and HP charts, less gears in transmission and more.