Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage.

/ Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage. #101  
Assuming there was quite a bit of metal lost. Also assuming the majority of it was small enough to make through a good oil filter....

If a cam lobe was lost there was quite a bit of metal.

/ Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage.
   / Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage. #103  
Assuming there was quite a bit of metal lost. Also assuming the majority of it was small enough to make through a good oil filter....[/Q
the problem is,it doesn't have to make it even to the oil filter to start causing damage --oil splash by the crank throws wings the oil up on the cylinder walls, piston rings trying to scrape off hardened metal off the cylinder walls hundreds of times a minute and the oil pump is before the oil filter.. That problem would have bummed me out if I had enough money to ever purchase a new vehicle... but I do understand what you are saying, the American car companies do have to control costs anyway they can.

/ Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage. #104  
I was a Ford truck guy before I got my '01 Ram2500 that is supposed to be junk and transmissions that fall out unexpectedly.

So far, besides scheduled maintenance, it has had brakes changed, starter rebuilt, and ball joints. Just hitting 165k miles. I do need headlights; one does have a leak, but both are hazed over, being plastic lens and all.

I have done everything from running empty to hauling 7-10klbs.

Have friends with a stock '01 with V10 that have hauled a 34' 5th wheel with triple slides all over the western states. Same deal.

I still like Ford trucks, but do not subscribe to the Dodge being bad;m y truck, and friend Paul, are proof that they work just fine hunky dory good.

The best thing about a Dodge truck is the Cummins engine. If they did not have that I wonder how many would be on the road.

/ Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage. #105  
I was a Ford truck guy before I got my '01 Ram2500 that is supposed to be junk and transmissions that fall out unexpectedly.

So far, besides scheduled maintenance, it has had brakes changed, starter rebuilt, and ball joints. Just hitting 165k miles. I do need headlights; one does have a leak, but both are hazed over, being plastic lens and all.

I have done everything from running empty to hauling 7-10klbs.

Have friends with a stock '01 with V10 that have hauled a 34' 5th wheel with triple slides all over the western states. Same deal.

I still like Ford trucks, but do not subscribe to the Dodge being bad;m y truck, and friend Paul, are proof that they work just fine hunky dory good.
I had Jeep trucks j3000 and then a J-10 HONCHO for 25 years,I had always thought my jeeps were very strong trucks 401, turbo 400 dana 44 axles but when i got the 03 3500 W/H.O. Cummins with 555 lbs. of torque and looked under it ( front axle outer U-joints larger than the main rear driveline u joints in the jeep and then compared the base weight of the trucks,4600lbs. Jeep 7100lbs.+ for the 3500 it became obvious that these 2500/3500 dodges are a big step up-literally from what I thought were heavy duty trucks (don't get me wrong I still love my old Quadra track Honcho and we still have a 1976 Wagoneer Qtrack) but I have caught myself saying that compared to the older Jeeps - this dodge is a whole other Animal ... truck has 104k miles / needed new water pump $55, one outer U joint, think it's due for shocks and rocker adjustment... I grew up with Ford trucks -dad ordered a new 1967 F250 ,it wasn't the most powerful but was dead reliable
and looked as good at 150,000 as when new..

/ Ram HEMI 8 speed 4x4 rated same as Ecoboost 4x4 EPA fuel mileage. #106  
You can look at any area of the country and say "these trucks don't sell here, they must be junk". In my area, I'd say there is a pretty even cross section of trucks from all the big makers, in half ton, 3/4 ton, and 1 ton. And to say Dodge has more transmission troubles is just crazy. They all have transmission troubles, its impossible to say who has more. The reason they have moved to the Asisn transmission is because of the continued horsepower wars. Its the same reason GM moved to the Allsion. They are almost putting a medium duty transmissions in these trucks now.