TPMS

/ TPMS #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Has anyone had any problems with their vehicle's TPMS sensors or had to have sensors replaced ? If you had to have the TPMS Sensor/sensors replaced. what was the cost ?

My 2007 Toyota is my 1st vehicle with this system. I began to read up a little & learned the battery life is about 5-7 yrs. I called local Toyota Stealership to learn that for them to replace the TPMS sensors, it would cost $200.00 per wheel. That's for the sensor and programed to the ECM. Cost of new vehicle ownership went up when the government mandated these sensors be installed

/ TPMS #2  
On my GM apparently you can find the aftermarket sensors for 3/4 of the price on ebay etc. You dont need the toyota ones you just need to replacement aftermarket type. Just like other aftermarket sensors.

/ TPMS #3  
My neighbor had 1 go bad on a 04 Lincoln. I got one off EBay and changed it myself and programed it. I remember using a old speaker for the magnet in the process.

From what I remembered it was only $30 or so.

Chris

/ TPMS
From what I've been reading and have been told. The newer ones have to be linked to the ECM be means of a device much like a code reader. You can buy these after market TPMS code readers .( about ($230.00) to diagnosis TPMS sensors issues ,(dead batteries,etc,)for some vehicles. Toyota is not on the some vehicle list. If I were to purchase the after market sensors and install it myself for about $50.00 ea. Toyota dealer says. there's no guarantee that their code reader will link up with the after market sensor. It appears that Toyota has Toyota owners by the Gonads until, someone comes out with a after market code reader

/ TPMS #5  
From what I've been reading and have been told. The newer ones have to be linked to the ECM be means of a device much like a code reader. You can buy these after market TPMS code readers .( about ($230.00) to diagnosis TPMS sensors issues ,(dead batteries,etc,)for some vehicles. Toyota is not on the some vehicle list. If I were to purchase the after market sensors and install it myself for about $50.00 ea. Toyota dealer says. there's no guarantee that their code reader will link up with the after market sensor. It appears that Toyota has Toyota owners by the Gonads until, someone comes out with a after market code reader

Check with your tire guys. Lots of people here have summer and winter wheels and have no issues.

Chris

/ TPMS #6  
You can buy Toyota TPMS sensors off of ebay for $25 bucks or so. Any tire shop will also have them as well as the tool to program your Toyota.

/ TPMS
You can buy Toyota TPMS sensors off of ebay for $25 bucks or so. Any tire shop will also have them as well as the tool to program your Toyota.

As stated earler.Per Toyota dealer. If These aren't Toyota OEM sensors their system may not read the sensors. Then,I would be stuck with sensors that they can't read.None of the tire shops (that I have called) can program toyota sensors.They tell me they send their customers to the toyota dealer

Chris. On the Toyota fourms. I have read that they just deal with the light or take the dash out and put tape over the light when they change rims or change from summer tires/rims to winter tires/rims

1 guy took all his sensors off and built a cylinder.(looked like 4''pvc with caps on the ends) Put all his sensors in the cylinder filled it with air and mounted it in the bed of his truck

/ TPMS #8  
i remember going thru this a few years ago when the valve stems corroded so bad they needed to be
replaced, i took the sensors out of the truck and put in standard valve stems and lived with the
light on the dash. i did read that there was an easy fix, something about finding the right wire under the dash
and grounding it to the body to make the light go out.

i don't plan on keeping my trucks long enough to deal with them any more!

/ TPMS #9  
As stated earler.Per Toyota dealer. If These aren't Toyota OEM sensors their system may not read the sensors. Then,I would be stuck with sensors that they can't read.None of the tire shops (that I have called) can program toyota sensors.They tell me they send their customers to the toyota dealer

Chris. On the Toyota fourms. I have read that they just deal with the light or take the dash out and put tape over the light when they change rims or change from summer tires/rims to winter tires/rims

1 guy took all his sensors off and built a cylinder.(looked like 4''pvc with caps on the ends) Put all his sensors in the cylinder filled it with air and mounted it in the bed of his truck

No, the people I know have sensors in both sets.

Chris