Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Phord lie detector

Default Re: 2013 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by buickanddeere View Post
    Don't know why anybody would purchase a 2013 Chev/GMC when the 2014 's are on their way with direct injection gas engines?
    Because sometimes it's about money and those 2013's could go real cheap with big changes on the way.
    My 2007 and 2008 are are still going strong. I can't believe how reliable the drive trains are on these trucks. So far, no warranty claims other than a power seat motor switch and a steering shaft lubrication in 290,000 miles.
    Case-IH 7120 MFWD & M series Kubota MFWD tractors. New Holland discbines. New holland square & round hay balers. GM, Ford, IH, trucks.
    Hay Farmer & shipper. We grow & ship about 1,000 tons/yr.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

Quote Originally Posted by Hay Dude View Post
    Because sometimes it's about money and those 2013's could go real cheap with big changes on the way.
    My 2007 and 2008 are are still going strong. I can't believe how reliable the drive trains are on these trucks. So far, no warranty claims other than a power seat motor switch and a steering shaft lubrication in 290,000 miles.
    Doesn't stop some luddits complaining about computers, fuel injection,electronic ignition and automatic transmissions.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Doesn't stop some luddits complaining about computers, fuel injection,electronic ignition and automatic transmissions.
    Just because someone enjoys simplicity doesn't make them a luddite, that's a pretty broad statement....Personally, all of the computer firepower doesn't bother me as it has proved very reliable in my experience.
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

I like the interior in my 2011. Compared to my '95 it's nice. If this truck does as good as the '95 I'll be really happy.

-image-3690864119-jpg

Cloth seats

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by nybirdman View Post
    All buttons very small and cheap feeling.
    Last Friday, a friend and I went to the Denver Auto Show, and we both remarked at how ridiculously small the buttons and knobs are on these trucks. Good luck operating them with gloves on.

The Dodge had large knurled knobs that were easy to grip as I recall. I didn't get a chance to see what Ford's latest offerings had for dashboard controls.

A lot of domestic and foreign brands have jumped on the tiny and smooth buttons and knobs fad. As people age, their fingerprints tend to fade and the traction isn't as good as it used to be. I can't remember which car brand or model we checked out; but one of them had knobs so smooth they may as well have been made of Teflon.

Now the ironic thing we noticed was that a lot of the entry level cars aimed at 20-somethings had large deeply knurled knobs. Go figure.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    none

Quote Originally Posted by nybirdman View Post
    As a retiree from GM.Over the years I have purchased about 20 new GM trucks my last in 2005,yes a long time ago but the truck only has 31,000 miles on it currently.A third vehicle and used for my business mostly.Got the itch to check out the new (2013) 4WD Extended Cab models.Firstly the ride quality was very good.Rated fuel useage 17-21 with the six speed auto,5.3 V8 with cylinder diactivation.My current truck with the 5.3 V8,auto 4WD will match that milage or close.My biggest disappointment was the interior;all solid one color(black on every one I looked at) carpet dash seats ect.All buttons very small and cheap feeling.Most were about $38,000 window sticker with about $8,000 in rebates.I am not going to trade at this time.The 2014 are out this summer and suppose to have interior improvements,I hope so.
    I currently work at Ft. Wayne Assembly where the full-size Chevy/GMC trucks are built. We ran several 2014 pilot trucks last week. I have set inside several trim levels of the new bodystyle truck. It's a great looking truck on the inside. The IP has a very clean layout and loved the 2 tone leather in the LTZ I sat in Thursday night. Great to see a fellow GM worker on here. Congrats on your retirement.
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son."- Josh Thompson.

Tractor
    none

Don't know why anybody would purchase a 2013 Chev/GMC when the 2014 's are on their way with direct injection gas engines?
    Look for some HUGE incentives in the near future on the 13's. We're launching the new 14 bodystyle into full production this July.
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son."- Josh Thompson.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

The last GM truck I bought was when I was working for a GM dealership. That was back in 1993. People say the older stuff lasted longer and in my case it did. I still use that same truck today and its still on its original paint. Plowed snow for 13 years as well.
    GM is going to have to come out with something really well built before I buy again. The new ones look ok, great power and comfort but their not holding up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Beautiful truck 4shorts! Increible condition.

I am certainly very anxious to see how GM's new line of direct injected engines perform.
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Kubota B20

I have a 2012 crew cab Sierra and I love it. I installed a KnN intake about 2000 miles ago and here is what I found

Before the intake.
    Toronto on New Jersey at night no traffic winter aid temp. 17 to 17.5 mpg at 78 to 81 mph

After
    Same trip same time of day same speed.
    19.5 to 20.0 mpg. I do this run every / weeks and have run about 4 trips with the KnN.

I also am getting about .5 mpg around the city

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast