Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.
Nice look in black. I have the same one in chrome on my 03. I even used it once to push a buddy's Ford truck that wouldn't start. Didn't put marks on the rubber.

Thanks. I worked at Arlington Assembly from 06 to 08. Lived in W Ft. Worth. I love your Tractor. I owned a New Holland Boomer (Blue one) while living there. I sold it locally before GM transfered me to Missouri. It was a great tractor. Massey and Deere are the main players here in NE Indiana. The NH 8N is so dang good looking, I'd probably use tire shine and drive it to church on Sunday if I had one. LOL!

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #42  
I incourage anyone to take a tour of any GM assembly plant.

I took the tour of that Arlington assembly plant when they had an open house when it was new in 1954.:) At that time it was Buick/Oldsmobile/Pontiac that they were building.

During our travels, we were in Bowling Green, KY, in August, 1992, to have some accessories added to our motorhome at Camping World and noticed in the newspaper that the Corvette plant, which had been closed for re-tooling for the new model year, had re-opened for tours. So we went to take that tour; got there pretty early and put our names on the list they had outside, then everyone was standing around on the concrete in the hot sun when a lady came out and said they'd take 4 groups of 30 today. Now I figured there was at least 120 people ahead of us, so we left without taking the tour.

I took the tour of that Arlington assembly plant when they had an open house when it was new in 1954.:) At that time it was Buick/Oldsmobile/Pontiac that they were building.

During our travels, we were in Bowling Green, KY, in August, 1992, to have some accessories added to our motorhome at Camping World and noticed in the newspaper that the Corvette plant, which had been closed for re-tooling for the new model year, had re-opened for tours. So we went to take that tour; got there pretty early and put our names on the list they had outside, then everyone was standing around on the concrete in the hot sun when a lady came out and said they'd take 4 groups of 30 today. Now I figured there was at least 120 people ahead of us, so we left without taking the tour.

That's amazing, Bird. I knew the plant was completed in the early 50's and they still have several black and white photo's in the main hallway of the first cars comming off final line. It was still a car plant in the late 90's. My father bought a new black 96 Impala SS that was built there. I lost him in 03 due to heart failure. I keep a pic of him in the dining room. He's in a black tux standing beside his Impala SS. My dad was a Preacher and was leaving to do a wedding that day. He loved that car. Never saw it dirty. I've been by the Bowling Green Corvette plant several times but have never been inside. Sorry you didn't get to take the tour. I would jump at the chance to work there if GM ever made me the offer. I like the KY area much better than here in NE Indiana. Being a Georgia native, this place is too dang cold for me. We had snow flurries today and it's the middle of April.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #44  
I encourage anyone to take a tour of any GM assembly plant. It's amazing to see these things built.

One of the best experiences I had was getting an invitation to see Mom's new car being built at the joint GM/Toyota NUMMI plant.

Spent the better part of a day watching her car go down the line and they even let us take pictures... some with us in the car as it was on the moving line...

I was allowed to have 4 people and couldn't get any takers... so it was just myself and Mom...

Great day, Great experience and her 2001 car has been 100% without issue.

The line workers all signed the undercarriage and engine compartment with sharpies and the Dealer was totally in the dark...

When we called to say the car was due in two days the Dealer said he had no idea when it was coming... we showed up and saw it getting off loaded and said this is our car and the Salesman said it could be anyone's.

I had to insist he open the hood and inside it said to Julie, built with pride... NUMMI

They had never heard of anything like this ever happening and all it took was a letter on my part.

Hooked the 20ft Hooper dovetail trailer to the Suburban today and loaded the Massey on it. No load levelers. Just trailer to ball. It didn't squat the Burb hardly at all. It has a slight factory rake. After loading the tractor, it was setting level. The rear view camera is great. You can see the ball and had to make a 2in adjustment to line it up. With a little more practice, I'll be able to get it in one shot.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #46  
That camera will spoil you. I have it on my 08 Titan on the 8" nav screen. Makes it so easy.

Chris