2014 Chevy/GMC specs

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #1  

Dmace

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20 HST
Looks like GM released some specs on the 2014 1500 trucks.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/0...53l-mpg-power-payload-and-towing-numbers.html

V8 5.3l direct injected, normally aspirated, EcoTec making 355 HP / 383 LB.FT. burning 87 octane with no turbos or drivetrain tricks. Nice flat torque curve plus still has that V8 sound.

4x2 - 16 city / 23 highway / 19 combined
4x4 - 16 city / 22 highway / 18 combined

11,500 lbs max towing capacity
2,102 lbs max payload

The 6.2l EcoTec will be a monster!

Here come the anti-anything-but-Ford stories...

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #2  
That 5.3 makes good power, especially on 87 octane.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #3  
Not bad numbers but I was expecting a little better power and tq. Fuel economy should improve more with the 8 speed. I'm anxious to see the V6 numbers moreso then the 6.2.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #4  
I am surprised the mpg numbers are not better. It makes less power then the competition and gets the same economy. They had a chance to really do something here but are keeping the typical following and that's good enough attitude.

Either way I Will not buy GM so it really does not matter to me.

Chris

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #5  
I am surprised the mpg numbers are not better. It makes less power then the competition and gets the same economy. They had a chance to really do something here but are keeping the typical following and that's good enough attitude.

Either way I Will not buy GM so it really does not matter to me.

Chris

Exactly. It's like dating the girl that all your friends have already dated and you strut her around town like she's something special. I don't see how they are going to keep up with Ford and Ram. The new Titan might even blow them away. They needed these numbers in 2011, not 2014.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #6  
This is the best V8 fuel economy right now i believe.

This isn't the top or bottom engine. It matches the 5.0 in power and blows it away in fuel economy.

It even beats the EcoBoost in fuel economy.

I'd imagine the 6.2 will wipe the floor with the others.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs
Not bad numbers but I was expecting a little better power and tq. Fuel economy should improve more with the 8 speed. I'm anxious to see the V6 numbers moreso then the 6.2.
For a mid-level engine competing with Ford's 5.0l V8 (360hp/380lb.ft.) it's right where it should be in my opinion. Don't want to make it too close to the 6.2l.

I'm also curious to see how the smaller V6 4.3l will compare to the 25mpg RAM Pentastar V6 3.6l (305hp/269lb.ft).

I knew these larger direct injected engines would be good.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #8  
I'm also curious to see how the smaller V6 4.3l will compare to the 25mpg RAM Pentastar V6 3.6l (305hp/269lb.ft).

I bet it make less power but more torque.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #9  
For a mid-level engine competing with Ford's 5.0l V8 (360hp/380lb.ft.) it's right where it should be in my opinion. Don't want to make it too close to the 6.2l.

I knew these larger direct injected engines would be good.

That's the problem. All Ford has to do now is sprinkle a little "magic dust" and up the power, tq, tow rating and fuel economy. I was hoping they'd make Ford have to sprinkle a whole bunch of dust at least. The v6 is going to be offered in crew cabs with 6' beds as an option I believe. That's what has me anxious.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs
I bet it make less power but more torque.
Yeah, probably closer to the RAM V8 4.7l (310hp/330lb.ft - 14 city/20 hwy) but with much better fuel mileage.