MADE IN USA

/ MADE IN USA #3  
I agree, that is quite interesting. Thanks for posting.

/ MADE IN USA #4  
Funny it lists Dodge Ram and GM pick-up as US built when I have read over and over that for both the majority come from assembly plants in Mexico. I have read in several auto sources that the GM crew cab 1/2 tons were all from Mexico. Yet they both get top scores under assembly. I also ready that the engines in the GM's trucks from Mexico were made in Mexico.

/ MADE IN USA #5  
Funny it lists Dodge Ram and GM pick-up as US built when I have read over and over that for both the majority come from assembly plants in Mexico. I have read in several auto sources that the GM crew cab 1/2 tons were all from Mexico. Yet they both get top scores under assembly. I also ready that the engines in the GM's trucks from Mexico were made in Mexico.

I know Ram has a lot built in Mexico but GM is Canada.

I wonder if they count Canada as US like ***** does?

Chris

/ MADE IN USA #6  
GM has several factories in the US, and at least one in Mexico. The first 2014 GM 1500's to be produced this spring will be crew cabs and all from Mexico. Eventually the US plants will come on line later this year and begin to ship too.

/ MADE IN USA #7  
I know Ram has a lot built in Mexico but GM is Canada.

I wonder if they count Canada as US like ***** does?

Chris

Just another state!:laughing:

/ MADE IN USA
my new Suburban proudly has a made in USA/Texas sticker on the driver door saying built in Arlington Texas.
Yet it's not at the top of the list but not far off either. Maybe its the taco sauce that gets on them...
Aren't a lot of a/c parts Japanese, and of course the Aisin trans on others, but not on mine.

/ MADE IN USA #9  

Let me clear some of this up. GM does have a truck plant in Mexico. Crew Cabs are built there. Flint, MI also builds Crew Cabs. Change over for 14 models will take place at the end of June. Check inside your driver's side door to see where a GM Crew Cab is built. Extended Cabs and Reg Cabs are built in Ft. Wayne, IN (my current plant). The largest Chrysler plant was south of the GM plant in Missouri (worked for GM there also). The Chrysler Plant in MO built the top 2 sellers (Ram 1500 and minivan). One went to Mexico and one to Canada. GM has a plant in Canada that will be closing. The work there is comming back to the states. That product will be built in Springhill, TN.

/ MADE IN USA #10  
I am a little confused why they consider it a "Dodge Ram" still. I am not a corporate attorney or anything, and I don't understand how the whole "Ram" being it's own manufacturer (not affiliated with dodge anymore) works. Are they still really under the Chrysler name, and not Fiat? Also, where do the Dakota's fall in all of this?