Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Interesting

Chris

Tractor
    NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800

Default Re: MADE IN USA

I agree, that is quite interesting. Thanks for posting.
    Chris

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

Funny it lists Dodge Ram and GM pick-up as US built when I have read over and over that for both the majority come from assembly plants in Mexico. I have read in several auto sources that the GM crew cab 1/2 tons were all from Mexico. Yet they both get top scores under assembly. I also ready that the engines in the GM's trucks from Mexico were made in Mexico.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by JasG View Post
    Funny it lists Dodge Ram and GM pick-up as US built when I have read over and over that for both the majority come from assembly plants in Mexico. I have read in several auto sources that the GM crew cab 1/2 tons were all from Mexico. Yet they both get top scores under assembly. I also ready that the engines in the GM's trucks from Mexico were made in Mexico.
    I know Ram has a lot built in Mexico but GM is Canada.

I wonder if they count Canada as US like Obama does?

Chris

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

GM has several factories in the US, and at least one in Mexico. The first 2014 GM 1500's to be produced this spring will be crew cabs and all from Mexico. Eventually the US plants will come on line later this year and begin to ship too.

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    I know Ram has a lot built in Mexico but GM is Canada.

I wonder if they count Canada as US like Obama does?

Chris
    Just another state!
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

my new Suburban proudly has a made in USA/Texas sticker on the driver door saying built in Arlington Texas.
    Yet it's not at the top of the list but not far off either. Maybe its the taco sauce that gets on them...
    Aren't a lot of a/c parts Japanese, and of course the Aisin trans on others, but not on mine.

Tractor
    none

Quote Originally Posted by JasG View Post
    Let me clear some of this up. GM does have a truck plant in Mexico. Crew Cabs are built there. Flint, MI also builds Crew Cabs. Change over for 14 models will take place at the end of June. Check inside your driver's side door to see where a GM Crew Cab is built. Extended Cabs and Reg Cabs are built in Ft. Wayne, IN (my current plant). The largest Chrysler plant was south of the GM plant in Missouri (worked for GM there also). The Chrysler Plant in MO built the top 2 sellers (Ram 1500 and minivan). One went to Mexico and one to Canada. GM has a plant in Canada that will be closing. The work there is comming back to the states. That product will be built in Springhill, TN.
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son."- Josh Thompson.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

I am a little confused why they consider it a "Dodge Ram" still. I am not a corporate attorney or anything, and I don't understand how the whole "Ram" being it's own manufacturer (not affiliated with dodge anymore) works. Are they still really under the Chrysler name, and not Fiat? Also, where do the Dakota's fall in all of this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast