Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well)

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #2  
Nice work, and nice set of pictures, Mark.

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #3  
The trailer looks great Mark, I have one question though. Why did you put the hydralic jack so far towards the back? All the leverage from the weight of whatever is in the trailer would seem to be working against you that way.

Let us know how it works out, it looks terrific!

John

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #4  
Like your barn. Nice job. Did you build that yourself?

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #5  
Are u in northern Ohio?
Noticed the firelands propane tank.

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #6  
Iss that a cut down mobile home axle?

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well)
Hi Guys;

I'm in northen ohio yes, Jeromesville (between Mansfield and Wooster on OLD us30

It was an OLD mobil home axel, only going to be used behind the tractor on the farm so it is not a high speed application so it was Free and New 12 ply tires on her too! I can get a pretty good supply of them as I've got some friend who set trailers for livings.

The cylinder is not that far back, and any weight that is beyond the piviot point will help off set the weight that is ahead of the piviot point, the cylinder will only have to lift about 36" worth of material. My jinma tractor lifts it DRY while ideling and the mower on the 3 point for Ballast for the hydraulic output which would be normally for a dual wheel rotary cutter which would raise 3pt and lift wheels at the same time, it is my only hyd output on that compact. If i find it wants to raise the hole trailer (on 3 pt) while dumping then that shouldn't be a problem as it will still dump and the raised 3 pt will help the dumping forces that the cylinde exerts.

Hope that answered the questions, I'll hopefully be able to use it this comming weekend, as I was busy framing inside the barn this weekend.

I've been working on the barn with my brother, but I had amish crew put up the main structure and found it was easier and cheaper that way. put little over 23K into it with everything so far. framing ran just under 20 and rest in electrical and misc stuff.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

New update:

used it today, it dumps pretty good, the 2&5/16 ball hitch I used is not very good though makes it a hassel to hook/unhook as paint gummed it up some. I've got to add some more lenght to my "T" bar so I can turn sharper too as that hitch has a wide flange and it just stickes out too far.

I dumped probably 1.5 yards several times today mostly wet creek wash/run gravel and stone clay sand mix. goot for fill material under the barn area where the floor needs about 20 more " of fill.

I took some pictures of it loaded and dumping but didn't bring in the camer to load them up. I'll post them this weekend I hope. I should have moveed the axel a little farther back for more tong weight though as I have to raise my 3 pt almost to stops to get enough pressure to lift the full loads. also those loads were mostly on the front half of the trailer as I wanted to keep the weight onto the 3pt/toung area.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mark M

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #9  
Nice work! Wanna build one for me? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
-Terry

Pictures updated and posted at links above.

Terry:

I would have to get a good penny to build one, one weeks worth of work, plus the materials and shop costs would mean that it would cost someone about $2500.00 for one like it. dual axels would add some more too that cost...

I have not priced them commercially but some one said look to spend about 4500 for a dual axel road worthy unit with lights & brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark