Tractor
    john deere

Default Re: If you were selling, how much

Brakes / OH YEA .

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Case 485

fixed...means frame was cracked and repaired by certified/welder shop. I have pics to show buyer, not going to hide anything. I have put lots of miles and loads on the repair.
    true 6 lug and brakes on both axles and spare . needs nothing i would not hesitate to load up and go on 1000 mile trip. my bottom dollar will be 1500.00, going to ask more though....

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

I think $1500 is a fair price. $1800 is what I would ask.

Chris

Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

used trailers don't hold a lot of value compared to lots full of new units for 2-3K with all kinds of extras and no use.

I agree with Diamondpilot on the value, maybe a little less since it has been broken and repaired.
    PROUD AIR FORCE DAD

Tractor
    Ford 640

Do work to a trailer and you get married to it quick. New ones are too cheap for trying to get your money out of an old one. I think your bottom dollar at 1500 isn't too bad.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 (50 Hp, 42.5 pto) Kubota BX25D Gravely 2 wheel tractor

Just for reference - Bought a new 16' with a 2' drop (18' total) with rear ramps (slide side to side on a 1" steel bar type), 4 wheel brakes, 12K rated, No spare with it at tiem of purchase, out the door here in WV for $2200 2 years ago.
    Good luck with your sale
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    85 Mule 500
    Mule FXT Pro

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Case 485

Quote Originally Posted by Code54 View Post
    Just for reference - Bought a new 16' with a 2' drop (18' total) with rear ramps (slide side to side on a 1" steel bar type), 4 wheel brakes, 12K rated, No spare with it at tiem of purchase, out the door here in WV for $2200 2 years ago.
    Good luck with your sale
    Thats a good deal. A new 20' trailer 10 k capacity trailer are priced anywhere from 3200 to 3600. Atleast thats what I have found so far, but trailers in my area are not cheap.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

The real question I would ask, as a buyer, is how did the frame get cracked?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Case 485

The frame cracked right where the full wrap tongue stops.
    The reason: I did not block the back of my trailer up when loading/unloading tractor, i did not use the ramps either. I would drive tractor to trailer, put in low and roll up on back up trailer, trailer would lower to ground(back of pickup would raise) and I would drive up on trailer. Same thing when unloading tractor. THe stress of having the trailer back end sitting on ground and pickup rear end raised---thats what cracked my frame. The frame cracked at the transition point where the the full wrap tongue stops and goes to the single frame width,,,right in front of the front axle. I added the trailer drop leg jacks and receiver tubes at rear to keep the trailer rear from hitting ground when loading tractor and use the ramps now.

Tractor
    John Deere 790 w/ 300 loader

Quote Originally Posted by Loadstar View Post
    Do work to a trailer and you get married to it quick. New ones are too cheap for trying to get your money out of an old one. I think your bottom dollar at 1500 isn't too bad.
    Roger that

I bought my 18 foot dovetail 7k trailer used.

The guy that did own it was a contractor who bought the trailer new and used the trailer for just hauling around two LARGE joboxes and two L-shape fuel tanks, one tank 78 gallon with a nice hand pump and a 110 gallon tank with a new looking electric pump.

When I was able to meet up with the fella after work and go look at the trailer, all and all the trailer had some miles but was O.K. One fender had slight damage, one tire starting was bulging and the rest worn thin, deck was good AND he still had all the fix'ins described earlier all nice and bolted down to it.

"2 grand.... I drag it off with all the decorations bolted to it" I said, there was a slight pause then "Sounds good to me!" was his answer.

I sold the joboxes and the fuel tanks, bought new tires with the proceeds and hammered the fender back straight and ended up with a nice used trailer for under 1400 clams.

I was gunna pass if the package deal wasn't going to work. Don't take much fix'n to a used trailer and one is quick at the price of a new trailer.
    790 JD W/ 300 loader
    Lots of implements for loader and 3pt
    Can't do it burn'n diesel, is not worth do'n

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast