If you were selling, how much

/ If you were selling, how much #1  

Case485Guy

Gold Member
Tractor
Case 485
20' w/ dovetail,with 5200 lbs axles. 10 ply 16" tires. new floor and fixed frame. added tie down cable and has 1/4" squared off fenders which has been very useful. Oh yea, jacks for loading at rear that a removable and work for jacking trailer off ground if you have a flat. Tracks true at 80 mph on hwy.
What would you ask or pay for it?

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 324
   / If you were selling, how much #2  
Are they 6 lug trailer axles or MH axles? Brakes?

$1800 if true trailer 6 lugs.

$0 if MH.

Chris

Last edited:
   / If you were selling, how much #4  
I think it's worth more than $1800.

Eddie

Not in this area. I just ordered a new 18+4 tilt for a customer. It had 6K axles, brakes, 2 5/16" coupler, ect. New for $3500.

That's a 22' tilt with 6K axles. A 22' flat deck would have been under $3000.

Chris

Last edited:
   / If you were selling, how much #5  
Last year I bought a new 20ft car hauler with 3 foot dove tail, 5 load range E 16" 10 ply tires with spare tire mounted, slide in heavy ramps, heavy duty spring loading front jack, brakes on both of the 6K rated Dexter axles for $3150. Here is a photo of it with my LS P7010 tractor on it. These Load range E tires are $200 each so if the trailer tires are more than 5 years old, deduct $1000 for 5 new ones (gotta have a spare) so you are down to $2150 for a used trailer if everything else is like new.
Gotta be a little concerned on the statement "Frame Fixed" what does that mean, Was the trailer overloaded badly enough to break the frame? To me that says "STAY AWAY FROM THAT RIG"

Attachments

• IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 289
   / If you were selling, how much #6  
I'm with diamondpilot, him knows trailers.

I ran into the same thing shopping used trailers.... Buy a used, several years old one for $1,700 or buy a new one for $2,200.......

Some don't quite get what a new trailer actually costs and how a used trailer should depreciate.

The trailer in the pic looks O.K, except for the wording 'fixed frame'....Looks like the dove tail had a face lift or something done..... need more info.

That kind of stuffs makes me wonder...... If I was to make an offer on the trailer I would start at $1,500 and haggle hard.

/ If you were selling, how much #7  
Does "fixed" mean "repaired" or does it mean "not tilting"? I didn't read it as repaired but I may be incorrect.

/ If you were selling, how much #8  
Does "fixed" mean "repaired" or does it mean "not tilting"? I didn't read it as repaired but I may be incorrect.

I started out thinking repaired and then decided he meant, non-tilting.

/ If you were selling, how much #10  
If I was selling, of course I would try for all I could get. However, if I was buying that trailer, I wouldn't pay more than 1500-1800.