When is BIG no longer better...

/ When is BIG no longer better... #1  

SanDucerro

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 - L3130 - ZD326S
It's a retorical question silly...

However, I just spent two LONG afternoons going through THREE bottles of Turtle Wax Bug & Tar remover - all to clean a couple weeks of fly dodo off the new RAM 3500 Crew Cab DRW Looooong bed. Evidently, flies like to use white trucks as bathrooms and rest stops. Who knew? Note to self - NEVER buy a white truck again! :cool:

That said - she sure does look purty now!

/ When is BIG no longer better... #2  
If you think that was bad, try waxing an airplane. The wing area is a real bear and takes forever. But as trucks go, those crew cabs (I have a Chevy crew cab) really do take up some time to wash & wax and for me at least they are hard to reach the whole thing. I used to wash and wax my old std. cab while standing in the box bed and could reach everything.

/ When is BIG no longer better... #3  
When you are talking about the wife

/ When is BIG no longer better...
But as trucks go, those crew cabs (I have a Chevy crew cab) really do take up some time to wash & wax and for me at least they are hard to reach the whole thing.
I had to use a 6 ft ladder to do the hood. I can reach "most" of the top from the bed, but the flies evidently don't care to fly to the "top stall" - wasn't much in the way of dodo up there. I still need to wax the "tour bus". Hopefully the next go round of fly droppings will come off easier on wax (probably NOT, but one can hope). I've already told the wife that if the flies can't be controlled she should expect to see the white truck "go-away" and another - different color - magically appear. She was fine with that (I've got a GREAT wife).

/ When is BIG no longer better... #6  
I know the feeling of waxing big. I lived in my 5th wheel while working in TX. It took 3 days and alot of Silver Bullets to wax the truck and the 38ft fiver.

/ When is BIG no longer better...
That's a great shot and a really nice looking setup!

Here's what I traded in on my RAM 3500 Crew Cab DRW with 8 foot bed...

199610_1016712158347_6934999_n.jpg

It took about 15 minutes to wax... :laughing: Unfortunately, the only thing the 'vette could pull was a wheelie (but that was a lot of fun)!

/ When is BIG no longer better... #8  
I was going to say try waxing a fire engine, but a plane probably has that beat... Cleaning and waxing after a direct hit with a retardant drop is really a chore though... That retardant will mess up paint if not removed promptly; a good coat of wax helps there

/ When is BIG no longer better... #9  
Yea I have done quite a few planes in my time. Boats over 30' are no fun either.

Chris

/ When is BIG no longer better... #10  
That's a great shot and a really nice looking setup!

Here's what I traded in on my RAM 3500 Crew Cab DRW with 8 foot bed...

It took about 15 minutes to wax... :laughing: Unfortunately, the only thing the 'vette could pull was a wheelie (but that was a lot of fun)!

I want a Vette so bad. Let me wipe the drool.