So I ended up with a new Duramax after all

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all
I just got back with my dads truck on a 2000 mile trip through the rockies its a 2011 dmax with allison trans. 4x4 z71 ltz pulling a 12000 lbs+ gear fifth wheel. Trust me you'll love that truck. Its a monster. Does your truck have the exhaust brake? It worked great in the mountain passes.
Congrats on the new tractor too!

My truck does have the exhaust brake and even without towing anything I can tell it's going to be awesome. GM trucks have been good to me and I have no reason to believe this one wouldn't be a pleasure to own too. My last truck was a virtual twin to this but with the 6.0 gasser and it towed like a dream. I can only imagine how nice this will tow with all that extra power on tap.

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #12  
Great pics! Looks great in black. When I left the plant tonight, a black HD extended cab with polished wheels was comming off final line. I paused for a second and thought "Dam that's a good looking truck". The front view with the twin rise in the hood looks very agressive. I see hundreds of trucks every night and for some reason the black ones always stand out under the lights.

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #13  
Nice.

Chris

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #14  
Looks awesome! Love the black! My local dealer has two in the new dark red. They look sweet as well.

Enjoy the new beast! I think I'm going to go wash mine right now.

PS - a couple pics of it towing the new tractor would be nice too! ;)

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I can't guarantee that it will be clean in 2 weeks but I've got a brush hogging (? Flail mowing?) job lined up in 2 weeks so I will try to get some pictures of truck, trailer and tractor. I just hit 500 miles with her so I can't wait to see how she's going to do pulling a load.

As an aside, my tractor with weighted tires and loader installed, with Alamo mower attached is about 10,600 pounds. Should I upgrade to 3/8" grade 70 chain for transportation or am I okay sticking with 5/16" grade 70 transport chain? Thanks

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #16  
That new truck is a beauty!

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #17  
I think you are fine with your current chains. Two on front, two on back, and a steap over the mower and loader each.

Chris

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #18  
I have had my Duramax since 2005, I bought a 2006 LBZ in October of 2005. Crew cab with long bed and 4WD. I still have it and use it almost everyday. It has been the best truck I have ever owned and used. I had a ton 1993 Chevy diesel that was a great truck, I can't say I was in love with the old 6.5 throw-away diesel engine though. This one is a totally different vehicle, great ride, fuel efficient, lots of power, a real good-looking workhorse.

/ So I ended up with a new Duramax after all #19  
I think you made a good choice congrats on the new rig. My experience with Dodge was I loved the truck but Chrysler will leave you holding the bag if they can on warranty issues, they treat their customers as throw aways. They are also very proud price wise of that Cummins diesel. Before all the Obamasmog devices the Cummins was a beast of an engine, both my brothers owned 3/4 and 1 tons pre-smog and were very happy with them. Great looking truck also by the way.