Kumho Tires

/ Kumho Tires #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Does anyone have any experience with Kumho tires? I buy my tires at Discount Tire company and have BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A tires. They currently have 42k miles on them with a 60k mile warranty, and I like them. I'll be going by Discount Tire to have them rotated today, but when it comes time to replace them, I noticed Kumho tires of the right size are less than half the price of the BFGoodrich and supposedly customer reviews rate them just as highly and they have an 85k mile warranty. It makes if sound as if a set of those should last both me and the Ranger the rest of our lives.:laughing:

/ Kumho Tires #2  
I have used the Kumho passenger car tires and they are as good as michelin tires that I have had at 2/3rds the price. Have not tired their truck tires yet.

/ Kumho Tires
Thanks for the information. I have Michelins on the car, and the BFGoodrich tires on the pickup now have 43k miles on them and still have 5/32 to 6/32 tread so I shouldn't need new tires for awhile, but the young fellow at Discount Tire didn't seem to want to talk about Kumho. Like a lot of folks, I prefer buying American, and especially Michelin and BFGoodrich, although in years past I've also had good luck with Cooper and Goodyear. But for a difference between $55 and $123 per tire, I'd have to consider the Kumho.

/ Kumho Tires #4  
Michelin is a French corporation

/ Kumho Tires #7  
Yeah, I had looked at that website. Of course they'd naturally say they're great tires. And I'll admit that I had forgotten about the source of Michelins.
I was hoping that the $50.00 rebate might be helpful. Best wishes.

/ Kumho Tires #8  
I have a 2003 date set of tires on the Nissan PU that still look and handle well and put 225 70 19.5's on the MH in 2011 and they are awesome.

/ Kumho Tires #9  
I bought a set of wheels hat had a set of Kumho tires on them from a buddy of mine that owns a junk yard for our old Honda. Who knows how many miles they had on them. I put them on our Honda and put 75k miles on them before I wrecked the car. I took them off and put them on the replacement vehicle. I put another 15k miles on those tires. For $200 for the wheels and tires I think I did pretty good. Still running the wheels probably 9 years later.

/ Kumho Tires #10  
DO NOT get Khumo kr21. I bought these for our Toyota highlander as they were similar price to other tires in the $100 range but the mileage on these was listed at 75000!!! I was like heck yea. Well i got them from the net. Wife was wrecked and so the car was at the shop. It was not our fault but i had them mount all 4 tires at the toyota dealer as the car had to have an alignment due to the wreck and they said i should have the tires on it for that. I bet we dont have 30K miles on them and thier down to the wear bars on most spots. One is worse cause it had a slow leak for awhile, but even the other 3 that have been rotated are worn out almost. and they are basically worn even across the tread as well.

It may have been close to 2 years ago now?? but she drives about 13k a year on that car. I am mad, i dont want to fool with a warrety as i have to drive 1 hour out of my way to a close shop that they approve and still would have to fabricate a log book of when i rotated the tires and they said they would accept that (i did rotate but who writes that stuff down, well i know you do bird??). Then i would get prorated tires that would leave me right in the same spot in a few years. i will cut my losses and not buy the brand again even though about 10 years ago i liked them and they were a deal when they started coming along.