Ford and Dodge MPG

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #1  

Kubotafan

Veteran Member
Tractor
G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC, JD710A
Are the new Ford and Dodge trucks getting anywhere near the advertised MPG in real driving?

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #2  
I knoq both my 2007s don't, not even close. But they aren't new either.

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #3  
I averaged 12.5ish over the winter with my new 2500 hemi truck. I am up to 14 now that it is getting warmer and I am not as remote start happy. There was no advertised mpg being a 3\4 ton but it averages 1mpg less than my 08 1500 that was rated at 17 highway if I remember right. I don't know of any real reviews of the new hemi 8-speed but you can research the fords too your heart’s content. Lots of info out there.

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #4  
Go here.

Browse All Cars | Fuelly

Make sure you apply the filters if you want to see the difference between gas and diesel powered units.

To answer your question, it appears that gas burners haven't improved significantly in the last 20 years... Diesels have gotten slightly worse depending on their emissions strategy.

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #5  
Are the new Ford and Dodge trucks getting anywhere near the advertised MPG in real driving?

You get in to driving styles, climate, and terrain issues. It is difficult to compare MPGs with each other. I picked up a new RAM 1500 with a eight speed tranny and 3:21 rear end. My average MPG is 19.7 which is a mix of freeway and Boulevard driving. In my area, our Boulevards have synchronized traffic signals resulting in very few stops and starts. The window sticker indicates 17 combined, 15 city, and 21 highway. For combined driving, I am above the rating.

Using the same route and driving style, my 2008 Tahoe LTZ does 18.3, my 2003 Tahoe Z71 does 17.4, my 2008 HHR SS (no longer own) did 34, and my 2005 GTO manual did 29 (no longer own this one either.)

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #6  
Keep in mind the EPA ratings are done with actual Gasoline. Most of us can't really buy anything without ethanol added, which is going to put a 5% or greater hit on the mileage right off the bat.

/ Ford and Dodge MPG #7  

My 2011 Ford F150 4x4 Eco-boost is getting 21 mpg with hi-way driving, keeping speed at 65 max. Love it