old tar removal

/ old tar removal #11  
WD 40 is the best. I am in tar every day and other than diesel this is the best at dissolving and removing tar be it CRS or RC - 250 but diesel smells and stains

/ old tar removal #12  
My neighbor runs a chip sealing company and they use citrus bases cleaners such as orange oil.

/ old tar removal #13  
WD40, citrus based cleaners and brake cleaner have all worked well for me.

Aaron Z

/ old tar removal #14  
Be careful with brakekleen brand brake cleaner. I often use my truck tailgate as a workbench in the field and a heavy spraydown of a greasy part sitting on tailgate has wrinkled and removed paint in several spots.

/ old tar removal #15  
Be careful with brakekleen brand brake cleaner. I often use my truck tailgate as a workbench in the field and a heavy spraydown of a greasy part sitting on tailgate has wrinkled and removed paint in several spots.

That's true for brake cleaner...One quick hit and no more...Works good for getting grease out of carpet though.

/ old tar removal #16  
I had thought about trying it on carpet but was afraid it would melt it, so i just took the heat from the wife about the grease. New carpet now. Have some scraps from it upstairs. I will try it on the scraps first the next time i get grease on the carpet.

/ old tar removal #17  
I had thought about trying it on carpet but was afraid it would melt it, so i just took the heat from the wife about the grease. New carpet now. Have some scraps from it upstairs. I will try it on the scraps first the next time i get grease on the carpet.

Used it for a couple of years while I was a lot lizard at a car dealer in college...the smell is the only problem, it goes away fairly quick if you air out the vehicle...Spray and dab, don't smear.

/ old tar removal #18  
Used it for a couple of years while I was a lot lizard at a car dealer in college...the smell is the only problem, it goes away fairly quick if you air out the vehicle...Spray and dab, don't smear.

Lot lizard means something else around these parts.

Chris

/ old tar removal #19  
Lol. Yeah i thought the same thing from my truck driving days but i knew what he meant. His advice just may keep me out of trouble next time i wear grease into the house on my boots.

/ old tar removal #20  
Soak a towel in kerosene and wipe it down a few times...Let it sit and wipe and wash...Done it many times.

ditto that...