ford f150 ecoboost

/ ford f150 ecoboost #1  

trentonford3000

Bronze Member
Tractor
ford 3000
i was wondering if a ford ecoboost has the power and torque to pull a 30 foot fifthwheel camper with a boat or a 22 foot trailer with a ford 3000

/ ford f150 ecoboost #4  
There are a few other threads on this subject with a lot of good info

/ ford f150 ecoboost #5  
9k is very doable with the right package on the truck (suspension, rear end, etc).

Aaron Z

/ ford f150 ecoboost #7  
A 30' fifth wheel and a boat at the same time? No!

A 9k fifth wheel by itself? Yes, but I would lean toward a 3/4 ton truck for that much weight. I use a 3/4 ton F250 diesel to tow my 32' fifth wheel, and I wouldn't feel comfortable towing it with an F150. I previously towed a 5500lb travel trailer with an F150.

/ ford f150 ecoboost #8  
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I say.... NO WAY. That's the v6 right?
9000# with a v6 half ton.......not safely. You could pull it a short distance slowly.....as long as you don't have to stop it. ;)

/ ford f150 ecoboost #10  
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I say.... NO WAY. That's the v6 right?
9000# with a v6 half ton.......not safely. You could pull it a short distance slowly.....as long as you don't have to stop it. ;)

You really should get some facts straight before you go spouting off. Yes it is a V6, but it is a twin turbo, direct injected V6, with a diesel-like torque curve. It has more torque, and nearly as much HP, as the almighty Hemi in the RAM. The power and torque numbers are higher than the volume V8's from GM, and more torque and nearly as much HP as the 6.2L V8 in the GM trucks. It has a tow rating of up to 11,300 lbs.

So, yes, it will tow 9k lbs, and, as far as power goes, it will tow it well. It will stop it just fine, as it has a built-in electric brake controller to supply power for the trailer to handle braking the trailer. For me, though, I prefer the platform and added weight of a 3/4 ton truck for towing that much weight.