just saw this on interstate.

/ just saw this on interstate. #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
ForumRunner_20130524_142443.png

I just got a smart phone. I took this pic today on the road and remembered I have the tbn app so I can post it. I actually took this pi to post it! It was short maybe 10 ft yet had tandem axles! What could u put on such a small trailer to need tandems? Maybe a wire spool?

/ just saw this on interstate. #2  
Skidsteer? Roller? Forklift? Looks like possibly 5 bolt rims, so its probably a 7k trailer.

Aaron Z

/ just saw this on interstate. #4  
I actually have a 5×10 tandem trailer... a little overkill but was nice when I moved my dad pulled it full of garage stuff (tool boxes, small walk-behind forklift, etc.) and I made a couple trips with a 28ft enclosed trailer. It has short sides and is also great for pulling materials such as dirt and gravel (if only it dumped). It's nice because I pretty much can't overload it. Only other downside is that it doesn't have brakes.

/ just saw this on interstate.
Well if its an AC biz then I guess there hauling the condensing units on it. But at the size of the trailer I doubt they could be much more than 1000lb one on there . And I don't even think there that heavy.

/ just saw this on interstate. #6  
Seen a similar trailer in Washington Yesterday on the 512 merging on the 167 near Puyallup . Some Lawn / garden company towing it with a F150 . Bed may have been a tad longer , sides were looking like maybe 18" high . Loaded to the top and then some with 1/2" to maybe 2" river rock . Flippin thing was so heavy that the axles were bowed thus when he came down the hill on the 512 headed north and hit the corner at bottom , Outside edge of tread on the left side would just boil smoke . Next corner was to the left so the right side tires smoked .
All though it was a dual axle trailer , doubt they were 3500# axles and it did not look home made , but several companies around Northwest here make decent looking trailers , they just put 2000# axles on it and sell it cheaper .
Although I caught up to the truck initially , after getting a better look at what I was following , I decided it was better to back off a bit since I only had to go a couple of more miles up the 167 , Sure was funny though watching people get behind him , then bail to the other lane when the smoke started coming off the tires in the corners .

Fred H.

/ just saw this on interstate. #7  
Seen a similar trailer in Washington Yesterday on the 512 merging on the 167 near Puyallup . Some Lawn / garden company towing it with a F150 . Bed may have been a tad longer , sides were looking like maybe 18" high . Loaded to the top and then some with 1/2" to maybe 2" river rock . Flippin thing was so heavy that the axles were bowed thus when he came down the hill on the 512 headed north and hit the corner at bottom , Outside edge of tread on the left side would just boil smoke . Next corner was to the left so the right side tires smoked .
All though it was a dual axle trailer , doubt they were 3500# axles and it did not look home made , but several companies around Northwest here make decent looking trailers , they just put 2000# axles on it and sell it cheaper .
Although I caught up to the truck initially , after getting a better look at what I was following , I decided it was better to back off a bit since I only had to go a couple of more miles up the 167 , Sure was funny though watching people get behind him , then bail to the other lane when the smoke started coming off the tires in the corners .

Fred H.

Was the smoke coming from the tires rubbing the inside of the fenders? If so I saw a guy do this hauling firewood. It was a 16' utility trailer stacked 4' tall with wood. I bet he was 3000# overweight.

Chris

/ just saw this on interstate. #8  
Heck I have a 5 x 10 dual on 14" wheels, great handler takes decent loads and hardly feel it behind my '02 Jimmy.
Great for the occasional short haul of my Mitsu MT180D.
I do haul haul at low speeds when the tractor is loaded as it has no brakes but otherwise I can load the heck out of it like full up with sand, gravel etc. and hardly feel it back there.

/ just saw this on interstate. #9  
My son-in-law just tried to load a pallet of pavers in the back of his truck tonight. Told him, I think that 3600 pounds is a bit much for your short bed 1/2 ton Ram. However, that trailer would have been PERFECT!

And he decided the old man was right, loaded only 1/2 of the pallet. ;)

/ just saw this on interstate. #10  
I know a guy that picked up a very short heavy single axle trailer for $50. He was told it was specially build to haul CAT dozer parts.

Some commercial heating/cooling units get heavy.