hauling tractor with 3 point implements

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #1  

930ck

Silver Member
Tractor
allis d 17/ case 930, 1370/ kubota L5740
Wanting to leave implements attached to the tractor when on the trailer but am having trouble getting chains from the tractor to the trailer without the three point arms or implement being in the way of the chains. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #2  
Do you have a drawbar on the tractor. I haul mine with the blade or bushhog and can get at the drawbar without the implement or 3PH arms being in the way. I use a clevis in the drawbar.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements
Do you have a drawbar on the tractor. I haul mine with the blade or bushhog and can get at the drawbar without the implement or 3PH arms being in the way. I use a clevis in the drawbar.

That is what I had in mind but unless I put blocks under the implement the chain would be putting pressure on the three point arms. Didn't know if that would be a good idea or not.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #4  
Your suppose to chain your 3pt arms and or the implement down so that it will not bounce on the deck. If the implement is on the trailer deck, dowmpressure on them is not going to hurt anything. Are you chaining to the drawbar?? Could you chain though the rims of the tractor to hold it down? Or how about chains over the belly of the tractor.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #5  
Connect your rear chains to the front of your tractor and the front chains to the rear.

Your suppose to chain your 3pt arms and or the implement down so that it will not bounce on the deck. If the implement is on the trailer deck, dowmpressure on them is not going to hurt anything. Are you chaining to the drawbar?? Could you chain though the rims of the tractor to hold it down? Or how about chains over the belly of the tractor.

If I ran chains from the drawbar across the implement at an angle down to the trailer would that be a legal method of transporting them?

Connect your rear chains to the front of your tractor and the front chains to the rear.

Hadn't thought about that, but that would let me chain the tractor down the same way no matter what I had attached to it. Was going to make attachment points to my grill guard for chain, will have to rethink that.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #8  

Did it that way, then chains over the bush hog and across the loader arms (under cylinders) to hold them down.. four chains, but worked perfect for a 4 hour trip with no chance of movement or bounce.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #9  
Did it that way, then chains over the bush hog and across the loader arms (under cylinders) to hold them down.. four chains, but worked perfect for a 4 hour trip with no chance of movement or bounce.

That's another point I forgot to mention. You should chain or strap down the loader and any attachment while towing.

/ hauling tractor with 3 point implements #10  
That is what I had in mind but unless I put blocks under the implement the chain would be putting pressure on the three point arms. Didn't know if that would be a good idea or not.

Adjust your 3pt so that the attachment is on the deck. Then it won't hurt anything to have the chain pin down the attachment.

It's probably not good on the 3pt system to have an attachment bouncing around while trailering (besides, not meeting NTSB regs.)