GM transfer.....again.

/ GM transfer.....again.
They are wanting a job, but not wanting to do the work for the pay they offer. People now, want a ton of money to do nothing. I blame parents who do not instil the "work hard get paid" attitude. Ask any contractor here in Florida, the hard working people speak Spanish, because they can not find an American to work hard and do a good job and get paid for what they do. It is pathetic. I will not even go into the whole union thing. I worked for a large union company. It was pathetic that people had zero work ethic because "they were paid by the hour" . Not to mention they could flat out steel something, and get their job back because they were not the worst one in the pool to be fired at that moment. I guess I should say, hard working people have jobs, and can get a job if something happens to their current one. Others cant.

Wow! Not sure what to say. So the only hard working people without a job here are immigrants?? I beg to differ. I know plenty of hard working AMERICANS that have lost good jobs and are still looking back in my home state of GA. People here in the Ft.Wayne area will take a temp job at GM with no benefits at the hope of being hired full time. They are VERY hard workers and all speak English. I think most of us on here know someone who has not bounced back from the economy and lost their job. Even some of us are in that boat. I will agree that a lot of next gen workers have sit in front of an X Box too much and need to get their butts outside. They need to use their arms and legs as much as they do their thumbs. As far as the Union and "paid by the hour" comment, I will say this. Ft. Wayne autoworkers crank out an average of 500 trucks per shift. The plant runs 3 full shifts 5 and sometimes 6 days a week. We don't boast those type of build #'s by having a "paid by the hour" attitude. If you can't keep up with the line by being a "slacker" even your fellow union workers don't have much sympathy for you. We all show up for the same reason. To build quality trucks and feed our families.

Last edited:
   / GM transfer.....again.
Back on topic. The new midsize truck would be very appealing to consumers with a diesel option. I suggested it would probably be for export only due to U.S. EPA regulations for auto makers. Diesel powered cars (like the Cruze) is one thing, but the standards are stiffer in the truck and SUV segment. As most of you know, I own a Jeep Wrangler. I enjoy off-roading and have a soft spot for a Wrangler. The Wrangler is still built in Toledo, Ohio off Willys Drive. They have built a diesel Wrangler since 07. They are all for export only due to EPA regulations. Would LOVE to have one for the low end torque when on the steep trails. If we do get a diesel option in the new GM small truck, I will buy one to replace the Jeep. I like the size and looks of it. I got worked up about a new Wrangler with a diesel being an option in the states last year. Instead all Jeep did was replace the 3.8 V6 with the Pentastar V6. I just don't want to get anyone worked up over a new smaller truck with a diesel and it not be offered to any of us. MABE GM will get it done and this would definitely give them a HUGE edge over the competition.

/ GM transfer.....again. #23  
The only units reaching dealers are currently sold to pre-order individuals. The plant will be working hard to stock dealer inventory next month.

I did see a couple of the extended cabs on a transporter last night.

/ GM transfer.....again. #24  
I had 17 years with GM,hired late in life.Our plant closed in 2009,I took the retirement and fortunately didn't have to make a move.Did my part today...purchased 2013 Silverado that was built at Ft.Wayne.Good luck with your move.

/ GM transfer.....again.
I had 17 years with GM,hired late in life.Our plant closed in 2009,I took the retirement and fortunately didn't have to make a move.Did my part today...purchased 2013 Silverado that was built at Ft.Wayne.Good luck with your move.

Thanks nybirdman. Congrats on retirement and your new truck. A lot of rebates on the 13's. Two of my friends have bought one.

/ GM transfer.....again. #26  
It'll be interesting to see what GM comes up with to compete against the Tacoma.

/ GM transfer.....again. #27  
I would love to buy a new truck. Even with a supplier discount I can't see giving that much for one. I have a 2000 Chevy Z-71 I bought new only has 180,000 on it. I would like a CRUZE 2.0 diesel. Wish they had a small truck W/ a diesel. I need TRUCK that gets 40+mpg why is that impossible. I'm not swapping a good truck for a new truck. I would buy a better truck.
I had a 86 chevy replaced it with a 93 chevy replaced it with the 2000 all were bought new and were only replaced when something better came along.
The new ones now only have more buttons I NEED BETTER MPG NOT MORE BUTTONS.

I'm looking hard at the Toyota Corolla cause it is made in MY home town in the USA

/ GM transfer.....again. #28  
I swear I remember hearing an India company (mahindra?) was going to offer a small diesel pickup in the US, mostly as a light commericial pick up. It was going to ne offered in 2wd/4wd and was fairly stripped down compared to many features of the new US/Japanese trucks, but I think automatic transmission and AC where available. I'm guessing nothing ever came of it,

/ GM transfer.....again. #29  
Mahindra was planning to sell a truck like that here, but that deal got the AXE.