GM transfer.....again.

/ GM transfer.....again. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
This will be my 5th move with GM. Going back to Wentzville,MO with the launch of the new mid-size truck line. Can't go into alot of details but this new ground up truck will be replacing the tired Canyon and Colorado. Several engine options are being looked at including a diesel (for export only most likely), a small block V8 (available in U.S.), and a V6 standard. This new GM truck line is going after the Toyota Tacoma which has dominated the smaller truck market for many years now. Very excited to be a part of the launch and moving back to Missouri. Will miss Ft.Wayne Assembly but not NE Indiana. Too dang cold, flat and windy here for this Georgia native. Ready to see trees instead of corn stalks. Here's a peak at some of the new truck photos that are available. I really like the off-road version.

Google Image Result for http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2011/09/chevrolet-colorado-rally-concept-front-three-quarter2.jpg

/ GM transfer.....again. #2  
Nice, especially the one in y our link.. but no diesel for NA.. Missed the boat!

/ GM transfer.....again. #3  
Good luck TK...Don't lose your internet connection!!!...Hope you enjoy the new gig and location.

/ GM transfer.....again. #4  
Nice, especially the one in y our link.. but no diesel for NA.. Missed the boat!

I retired from GM Powertrain in 2006 and even back then, GM was playing with four cylinder diesels in mid-size vehicles. At the time, it was the Saturn View and mid-size trucks. Nothing ever came of it for reason I don't know.

They recently released a diesel version of the Chevy Cruise but the up-charge for the diesel option is MSRP $7K. If diesels are going to make it in to our market, either they need to find a less-expensive method to scrub the exhaust or the government needs to relax the diesel emissions requirements.

/ GM transfer.....again. #5  
They recently released a diesel version of the Chevy Cruise but the up-charge for the diesel option is MSRP $7K. If diesels are going to make it in to our market, either they need to find a less-expensive method to scrub the exhaust or the government needs to relax the diesel emissions requirements.

they just need to lower the prices on them, so more of them get sold. Here in europe the price difference between gas and diesel is nowhere near 7000 dollar, though we have a 40% extra tax on new vehicles. that makes the difference in extra price for diesel, percentually even higher than in the USA.

/ GM transfer.....again. #6  
I wonder what's going to happen to the GM plant in Shreveport, LA? They built Colorados there. It may already be shut down. Dana Corp in Longview, Tx built frames for those trucks, I believe it's shut down or going to shut down.

/ GM transfer.....again. #7  
I bought my last goverment notors vehicle, I now drive Ford's

/ GM transfer.....again. #8  
Good luck to you. I know what you are going through. My job is about to disappear for me after 14 years for me and 34 for the department.

Chris

/ GM transfer.....again. #9  
My inside guy is leaving the Fort Wayne plant? :)

Best of luck with the move, transfer and new truck line!

Chris- sorry to hear about your job. Will you look for another position as a pilot? I swear that the economy is getting worse, not better. People (including myself) are simply doing more work for less pay.

/ GM transfer.....again. #10  
Missed boat, looking for 2.5L high pressure diesel. One way overbuilt. Frame twice as thick steal, body panels twice as thick, every part over engineered by twice. Want AG model, with simple no frills interior. AC, radio and not much more.

HS