Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    none

Default GM transfer.....again.

This will be my 5th move with GM. Going back to Wentzville,MO with the launch of the new mid-size truck line. Can't go into alot of details but this new ground up truck will be replacing the tired Canyon and Colorado. Several engine options are being looked at including a diesel (for export only most likely), a small block V8 (available in U.S.), and a V6 standard. This new GM truck line is going after the Toyota Tacoma which has dominated the smaller truck market for many years now. Very excited to be a part of the launch and moving back to Missouri. Will miss Ft.Wayne Assembly but not NE Indiana. Too dang cold, flat and windy here for this Georgia native. Ready to see trees instead of corn stalks. Here's a peak at some of the new truck photos that are available. I really like the off-road version.

Google Image Result for http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2011/09/chevrolet-colorado-rally-concept-front-three-quarter2.jpg
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son."- Josh Thompson.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Default Re: GM transfer.....again.

Nice, especially the one in y our link.. but no diesel for NA.. Missed the boat!

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Good luck TK...Don't lose your internet connection!!!...Hope you enjoy the new gig and location.
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 R4 Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Nice, especially the one in y our link.. but no diesel for NA.. Missed the boat!
    I retired from GM Powertrain in 2006 and even back then, GM was playing with four cylinder diesels in mid-size vehicles. At the time, it was the Saturn View and mid-size trucks. Nothing ever came of it for reason I don't know.

They recently released a diesel version of the Chevy Cruise but the up-charge for the diesel option is MSRP $7K. If diesels are going to make it in to our market, either they need to find a less-expensive method to scrub the exhaust or the government needs to relax the diesel emissions requirements.
    Bob, n8zcc

Kubota B3030 with R4s
    LA403, 60" bucket with hooks, bolt-on tooth bar, ratchet rake
    BH76 with 16" bucket and thumb
    Kubota Pallet Folks
    Bush Hog 35-06 72" Rear Blade
    Bush Hog SBX60 Box Blade
    Bush Hog Razorback RZ160
    Kubota ZD323-60
    Kubota RTV900 with Curtis hydraulic angle plow

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718

Quote Originally Posted by Monster5601 View Post
    They recently released a diesel version of the Chevy Cruise but the up-charge for the diesel option is MSRP $7K. If diesels are going to make it in to our market, either they need to find a less-expensive method to scrub the exhaust or the government needs to relax the diesel emissions requirements.
    they just need to lower the prices on them, so more of them get sold. Here in europe the price difference between gas and diesel is nowhere near 7000 dollar, though we have a 40% extra tax on new vehicles. that makes the difference in extra price for diesel, percentually even higher than in the USA.
    Free scrap is a good investment !!!
    “The worst enemy of life, freedom and the common decencies is total anarchy; their second worst enemy is total efficiency” · Aldous Huxley
    2007 Volvo 440 1.9 TD based dirt buggy, needs time !

Tractor
    JD 6400

I wonder what's going to happen to the GM plant in Shreveport, LA? They built Colorados there. It may already be shut down. Dana Corp in Longview, Tx built frames for those trucks, I believe it's shut down or going to shut down.
    6400 John Deere w/ cab, JD 535 Baler, 997 ZTR Diesel, 72" 7 Iron deck, John Deere 855D 4x4 Diesel Gator

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 30

I bought my last goverment notors vehicle, I now drive Ford's

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Good luck to you. I know what you are going through. My job is about to disappear for me after 14 years for me and 34 for the department.

Chris

Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

My inside guy is leaving the Fort Wayne plant?

Best of luck with the move, transfer and new truck line!

Chris- sorry to hear about your job. Will you look for another position as a pilot? I swear that the economy is getting worse, not better. People (including myself) are simply doing more work for less pay.
    “I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.” ~ Groucho Marx

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Missed boat, looking for 2.5L high pressure diesel. One way overbuilt. Frame twice as thick steal, body panels twice as thick, every part over engineered by twice. Want AG model, with simple no frills interior. AC, radio and not much more.

HS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast