Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months?

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months? #1  

cockeyedMFer

Gold Member
Tractor
1959 MF 35 deluxe, gas
Just wanted to put word out if anyone is heading up from GA with an empty truck or trailer in the next couple months. I finally found body panels for my 70 Galaxie convertible in Rome GA, but the trip down and back from Cincinnati is a bit much for my schedule.
There's a doghouse, trunk, bumpers and doors. I'd be happy to pay someone the going rate.

The car I'm fixing up has just 40k miles and is rustfree, but somehow lost the hood, bumpers, etc while at a body shop. I bought it that way with hopes of putting it back on the road. Its a 390 car, originally red on red.
:)

IMG_1355.jpg

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months? #2  
I would try UShip. That I75 route is very common. I run to Knoxville all the time from North Eastern Indiana going through Cincinnati but I am always loaded coming back.

Chris

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months?
Thanks Chris. Uship has been pretty hit and miss for me. Their fees have really gone up lately too - last year I had a car delivered and Uship tacked on $25 which seemed pretty reasonable...Last week I tried it for another haul that was half the price, and their fee was $64.00! I think they must need the extra money to subsidize their reality show LOL.

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months? #4  
Sorry, but I'm not going your way - BUT... That's going to be one wonderful project. It's got the makings of one beautiful car when you're done. Congrats on your desire to preserve a piece of history and art.

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months?
That's very kind of you to say. The irony is I bought it at auction, expecting it to be in much worse condition. I have a '69 Galaxie fastback that's a factory stickshift car, and the wheels, axle and engine in the convertible were meant for the '69. Once I saw the convertible up close, it was way too nice to part out. So now there's one more project on the stove :)

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months? #6  
Nice, Dad had a similar age Galaxie that was black with a red interior, but he had to sell it in 1990 to buy a septic system (moved in and found that the "septic system" was a 250 gal fuel tank in the back yard).

Aaron Z

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months? #7  
Nice looking classic car. I will be in the GA area mid July, but unfortunately, we'll be taking our Honda Accord and not the truck. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in GA are the panels? Also, we're driving from/back to CT, but will be going through eastern PA.

/ Anyone coming north from Central GA in the next couple months? #8  
You could use the post office but it might take a bunch of stamps.